Public Club

Grifters will Grift!: Republicans Demand to Know what Happened to Vanishing GOP Millions!

Published

One theory is that donorship is WAY DOWN for the GOP because people who actually have money don't want to align themselves with Nazis and White Nationalist political clowns that are in lock-step with Trump.  The other theory is that political Trump-supporting trash has done what their Dear Leader would do, GRIFT the Party!

Republicans Demand to Know What Happened to Vanishing GOP Millions (MSN.com) https://www.MSN.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-demand-to-know-what-happened-to-vanishing-gop-millions/ar-AA10Sqvx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=dd3c6b57beec471db0e1f82bc2715aac/

Beerman, BSN

2,271 Posts

Has 13 years experience.
3 minutes ago, SummerGarden said:

One theory is that donorship is WAY DOWN for the GOP because people who actually have money don't want to align themselves with Nazis and White Nationalist political clowns that are in lock-step with Trump.  The other theory is that political Trump-supporting trash has done what their Dear Leader would do, GRIFT the Party!

 

Your article doesn't mention either of these "theories".  Do you have a source we could look at for these?  I'd love to read more about them!

Specializes in ED, ICU, MS/MT, PCU, CM, House Sup, Frontline mgr. Has 15 years experience.
3 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Your article doesn't mention either of these "theories".  Do you have a source we could look at for these?  I'd love to read more about them!

No, you would not.  You missed all of TRUMP's evil in the white house, on January 6, and you are still missing it.  

nursej22, MSN, RN

2,934 Posts

Specializes in Public Health, TB. Has 38 years experience.

The Washington Post is reporting on questionable expenditures :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/19/gop-senate-rescue-midterms/

Quote

The NRSC’s retreat came after months of touting record fundraising, topping $173 million so far this election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures. But the committee has burned through nearly all of it, with the NRSC’s cash on hand dwindling to $28.4 million by the end of June.

As of that month, the committee disclosed spending just $23 million on ads, with more than $21 million going into text messages and more than $12 million to American Express credit card payments, whose ultimate purpose isn’t clear from the filings. The committee also spent at least $13 million on consultants, $9 million on debt payments and more than $7.9 million renting mailing lists, campaign finance data show.

Quote

Other spending decisions, such as putting about $1 million total into reliably blue Colorado and Washington earlier this month sparked fresh questions after the committee turned around and canceled buys in core battlegrounds.

Quote

Some Republicans also suspect former president Donald Trump’s relentless fundraising pitches and cash hoarding has exhausted the party’s online donor base.

 

Tisutina

111 Posts

Specializes in RN. Has 11 years experience.

Yes!! I would love to know about these Nazi white nationalist! Who are they exactly? 

Perhaps it would be best if you define what a white nationalist and a Nazi  is these days . We know how language is evolving and words are being reinvented! 

Is a white nationalist a person with light colored skin that loves their country even with a demented reject running it from his basement and think that black people are competent enough to get photo ID in order to vote? Or a person that has a different opinion than a Democrat? Does a white nationalist have to be white? I've heard of a few black white supremacist lately. 

Is a Nazi someone that Trump has endorsed? Or maybe someone Trump smiled at? 

As far as I understand a Nazi is a person with light skin that felt as though anyone not white was inferior. They had a particular hate for those of Jewish heritage and were around in the 1940's. Are you saying you know of some in the GOP? Today? If so, please do tell who!! 

 

toomuchbaloney

9,748 Posts

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 44 years experience.
7 hours ago, Tisutina said:

Yes!! I would love to know about these Nazi white nationalist! Who are they exactly? 

Perhaps it would be best if you define what a white nationalist and a Nazi  is these days . We know how language is evolving and words are being reinvented! 

Is a white nationalist a person with light colored skin that loves their country even with a demented reject running it from his basement and think that black people are competent enough to get photo ID in order to vote? Or a person that has a different opinion than a Democrat? Does a white nationalist have to be white? I've heard of a few black white supremacist lately. 

Is a Nazi someone that Trump has endorsed? Or maybe someone Trump smiled at? 

As far as I understand a Nazi is a person with light skin that felt as though anyone not white was inferior. They had a particular hate for those of Jewish heritage and were around in the 1940's. Are you saying you know of some in the GOP? Today? If so, please do tell who!!

White Nationalist: plural white nationalists

Merriam-Webster

Definition of white nationalist: one of a group of militant white people who espouse white supremacy (see WHITE SUPREMACY sense 1) and advocate enforced racial segregation… his vision for the community—an enclave where residents fly "racialist" banners, where they are able to import enough … white nationalists to take control of the town government …— John Eligon

The SPLCenter defines that term this way: White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of nonwhites. Groups listed in a variety of other categories—Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead and Christian Identity—could also be fairly described as white nationalist.

I wonder when people pretend like there weren't quite a few Hitler fans in the USA during that era. I wonder more when those same people laugh at the same right wing tactics used in modern conservative politics as used by the right wing in Nazi Germany.  It suggests to me that those minimizing the threat of right wing extremists in Germany didn't really learn that history very well at all.  

I recommend a book... it's available in audio format. 

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany https://a.co/d/3BGTdpx

Steve King, Paul Gosar and MTG are Congressional members who identify as white nationalists. Senators Johnson (R-WI) and Masters (R-AZ) have spoken about the white nationalist "replacement theory/grievances" . We saw some of that publicly early in Trumps presidency with the chanting ("jews will not replace us"..."you will not replace us") tiki torch brigade. Do you remember those 'very fine' people? Frankly, the number of republican members of the House who forward this thinking is pretty impressive... you can't forget Gaetz, Boebert or Taylor-Greene but we could also throw in Stefanik and others. That replacement theory grievance is a clue.

 

 

 

nursej22, MSN, RN

2,934 Posts

Specializes in Public Health, TB. Has 38 years experience.
10 hours ago, Tisutina said:

 Well slap me silly. 

I hope you are not encouraging violence. That would be a violation of Allnurses Terms of Service. 

toomuchbaloney

9,748 Posts

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 44 years experience.
7 minutes ago, heron said:

I wonder - is the GOP still paying trump’s legal fees?

According to Fox News the RNC is paying Trump's legal fee's but might stop if he announces his 2024 candidacy. That seems to be the threat from some republican lawmakers, anyway.

toomuchbaloney

9,748 Posts

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 44 years experience.
10 hours ago, Tisutina said:

Yup. Definitely white nationalist nazis! I can't believe we have full blown Nazis and no body knew about it! In the GOP. Well slap me silly. 

What do you mean nobody knew about it? Maybe you didn't know about it but that hardly translates into nobody knew. 

In healthcare we too often must accommodate patients who are ignorant about their health status or diagnosis or treatment options.  Sometimes their ignorance is willful...a sort of autonomous self deception. They sometimes deliberately avoid information which causes them distress and they dismiss the information that they cannot ignore or avoid addressing. We always have to determine if those people are making rational or irrational decisions relative to that information when we encounter them in our work. 

The issue with information avoidance in political discussion is similar.  

Tisutina

111 Posts

Specializes in RN. Has 11 years experience.
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

What do you mean nobody knew about it? Maybe you didn't know about it but that hardly translates into nobody knew. 

In healthcare we too often must accommodate patients who are ignorant about their health status or diagnosis or treatment options.  Sometimes their ignorance is willful...a sort of autonomous self deception. They sometimes deliberately avoid information which causes them distress and they dismiss the information that they cannot ignore or avoid addressing. We always have to determine if those people are making rational or irrational decisions relative to that information when we encounter them in our work. 

The issue with information avoidance in political discussion is similar.  

Or perhaps some do not fall for the propaganda of evil Nazi white nationalist running around and somehow try to suggest that Trump and his followers are these evil white nationalist Nazis. LOL

Some like to play this trick to advance their political agenda. 

I'm totally not afraid of the Nazi boogie man. - signed A Jewish person. 

2 hours ago, nursej22 said:

I hope you are not encouraging violence. That would be a violation of Allnurses Terms of Service. 

It's not violence if I like it.