Quote from olderthandirt2
Just curious, why did you choose to come in as a med-surg 66H accession instead of coming in as an "NP"?
I came in Med/surg for a few reasons
1. higher need, better chances of being selected
2. bonus available for med/surg 66H
3. army has MOS for FNP only at this time
4. as an Adult NP(we can treat ages 13 and up) they can take me under med-surg MOS but still use me as a NP, when I toured BAMC they said if I were assigned there they would probaly use me in the clinic as a ANP since they have a need but my MOS will still be 66H, ofcourse army needs will come first
5. I actually want to do RN work, i would love to get critical care skills, but i would still love to be able to do NP work, plus I will need to do some or I won't be able to keep my certification q 5 years