Yesterday was the scariest day of my life

  1. Yesterday was the scariest day of my life. I woke up around 5:30 to go to the bathroom. I noticed that my panties were wet. So the first thing in my mind was that I had a little accident, hehehe...I kept thinking I'm a grown 29 yr. old woman having an accident. So I after I used the bathroom, I went to flush the toilet and noticed a toilet filled with blood. At that moment I had to sit back down on the toilet because I was shocked. So I called Tyrone to come in. I could tell he was hestitant because I had to call him a few times. I told him I was bleeding. And immediately he panicked. Ladies, I love my DH, but he's not any good in an emergency situation. So I told him to calm down. I told him that I didn't want to wake the kids and I needed him to be strong for me. So he calmed down a little. So I told him to go get me the phone so I could call my doctor and call someone to come and watch the kids. After I did this I went to try and wipe myself again and the hugest blood clot that you could ever imagine came out of me. This is when I PANICKED!!! My DH ran back inside and said, "What's wrong?"...I was screaming and I told him it was too late...I told him I think that the baby just came out of me. I know now that it was a blood clot, but at the time I thought it was the baby. So I'm crying, and trying to get dressed, and asking G-d to protect me and the baby. After I finally got dressed one of my db's came and we went to the hospital. We got there at about husband was irate, and almost got into an argument with the registrar. She told him that she has to wait for a nurse to come from the back to take me to triage. He said, "Look lady,my wife is bleeding. How long does she have to wait." So after about 5 minutes he asked her again, and in a nasty tone she told us to go the back. We went to the back and had to go through the usual routine. Get changed into the hospital gown, taking my vitals,etc. So he asked the nurse, "How long is it going to be before a doctor saw me?" and she told him, "No one is here." He said, "NO ONE IS HERE!!!!...THIS IS AN EMERGENCY ROOM!!!" So then they got into an argument, I'm sitting there crying and holding my stomach, getting even more upset. So a doctor came after about 10 minutes. He checked my cervix, I wasn't dilated. They took an ultrasound, the baby was fine, moving around all over the place. My amniotic fluid was at a great level, the baby's hb was fine. They told me that what I passed was probably a blood clot. They also explained to me that 2 things could happen. This could be my body's was of getting ready to miscarry the baby (having a spontaneous abortion) or I'll go on to have a successful pregnancy. All we can do is wait it out and see what happens. They also told me that some women spot for their entire pregnancy or sometimes it stops. This just scared me because, my other 3 pregancies went by like a breeze. Yes, I know every pregnancy is different, but this is just scary. So they sent me home and told me to go home and rest. I called my OB/GYN and she told me that she wasn't going to put me on bed rest, but I couldn't have any sexual intercourse, until she sees me on Monday. Then she'll let me know from their. So I rested for about an hour on my sofa. I had to go to the bathroom. I used the bathroom and I'm bleeding again. I told my DH, called my OB and she told me to go back to the ER. I got there, they examined me again, my cervix hadn't dilated, my blood work was fine. But while I was there, I started bleeding again. My cervix was still in tact. So the doctor told me the the same thing as the other doctor, we just have to wait it out and see. They told me to just rest as best that I could. So I came home and tried to rest. After catching up with all of my family members, I did get a little sleep. And I was okay until my MIL came over. She had called 10 minutes before, asking how I was doing and I updated her. She told me if I needed anything to call her and I told her I didn't need anything, I just wanted to rest. (Our children were at my mother's house, so I was home alone for about 4 hours) So about 15 minutes into a good sleep someone knocks on the door. So I'm like, who is this that came over here without calling? (This is a pet peeve of mine....people popping up at your house without calling ahead of time) And it was I gave her this look, and she gave me a chuckle..."oh, I should've called before I came over." I was she says, "I came over to clean and cook!"....WHAT!!!...I'm saying to myself, "Didn't I just tell this women, that I didn't need anything and all I wanted to was REST"....So I guess she didn't hear me....or chose not to!!!....arrrggghh...So of course I couldn't get any rest because all she did was ask me where did this go and where did that go....arrrgghhhh. This of course aggravated me more. So there goes my nap. My DH had came in with the kids and the groceries. So she says, "I'll put them up". I'm looking at her like she was crazy, but I didn't say anything. Tyrone knew I was mad, because he knows how I am. Ladies, don't get the wrong idea, I'm sure her intentions were from the heart. But it just seems like she wanted to do what she wanted to do and not what I needed her to do. So she put something on for dinner, and of course everyone doesn't cook like I cook. And my girls sat at the table with a frown...looking at the food like, "What is this!!!" They ate a little bit. Then my DH comes downstairs and eats a little, and I hear here asking HIM not ME, "Do you want me to spend the night?" So Tyrone says ask Fatima. So of course she comes and asks me, and I told her ,"No, I'm going to be okay. If anything happens, my DB and SIL are 5 min. away" So she says, "Oh"...I think she was offended, but I'm sorry. I just wanted to relax. My girls were worried about me and Jawwad was cranky, I had to get things back into some kind of order. So I'm just sitting here in front of the computer. Praying that everything will be okay. I decided to forfeit my spot in this years nursing class. On Thursday, I was sitting here stressing about how I was going to pay for my books, and find adequated day care for Jawwad, and how I was going to buy a new hooptee. After yesterday, school is so unimportant right now. I just want to have a healthy and happy pregnancy. And get my little prize in the end. Sorry this turned out to be so long.

  2. Visit fnimat1 profile page

    About fnimat1

    Joined: Dec '01; Posts: 718; Likes: 3
    Homemaker, SAHM, and college student


  3. by   Mkue
    fatima, i wish you the very best and hope everything goes well with this pregnancy. take it easy and try to get some rest.

    keep us informed as to what is happening, thanks !

    :angel2: :angel2:
  4. by   canoehead
    Oh, my, I hope you are feeling better. You and your poor husband were stressed out, and rightly so. What a horrible thing to just have to wait it out not to know whether you and your baby will be OK. Your MIL was probably so upset she had to do something, and you were"lucky" enough to be the target. Hopefully she will come to her senses when the shock of the situation wears off, otherwise I'd say to send the kids to her place just to keep her busy.

    Try to relax and let the world go by while you take care of yourself. I'm sending you a gentle hug, and let us know how you are doing.
  5. by   kittyw
    Best of luck ... hope you're feeling better!!! My best friend had two very very hard pregnancys and it's so hard not to be able to help. Maybe your MIL can bring over dinner, then leave with the kids - may make her feel helpful??? And allow you your much needed rest.

    We're praying for you and your little one here. :angel2:

  6. by   Robin61970
    We'll all send good thoughts and prayers your way....please keep us updated and let us know how you are......((((HUGS))))
  7. by   subec
    Fatima----sending good thoughts your way.

    Please get some rest!!!!
  8. by   Love-A-Nurse
    i will keep you in my prayers, fatima.
  9. by   2MagnoliaTrees
    God Bless you and keep you and the little one safe and sound. Best to you and yours.
  10. by   JAYNE :DANCE:
    Please get some rest, and take care of yourself and the baby........
  11. by   RNIAM
    Take care of yourself, school will still be there. Good luck and please keep in touch.
  12. by   GPatty
    God bless you and your baby....
    Your family is in my prayers...
  13. by   Hooligan
    Get some rest Fatima...Rhona's will still be there when you're ready to go back! Take it easy, rest and relax as much as you can! I'll be praying for you!
  14. by   fnimat1
    I had to go in for that AFP(triple screen) test last night. They took my blood and then she examined me. My cervix was still closed, thank G-d. The babies heart beat was strong, 148. She told me that she too couldn't explain why this happened to me. She said that maybe my I some of my placenta shedded (I think that was the word) and I began to bleed. She said I was already bleeding because it formed into a clot, so it had to come out of my body. She told me not to worry, she said I have less than a 5% chance of having a miscarriage. She said it could still happen, but it's a very, very slim chance. I was relieved to hear this. She told me to just take it easy and try to relax. I told her I was going to forfeit my spot in the nursing program. And she said, "Why?" I said, "I don't want to stress myself out. This a very rigorous program and I don't want to chance anything." She said, "Well, if that's what you want to do. Just know that stress doesn't cause a miscarriage. You can still take a couple of classes if you want to." I told her that I was going to take Anatomy & Physiology 2, it's going to be 2 nights a week. And she said, "Okay" I just felt a little unsure of myself after leaving her office. I just knew going in there that she was going to say. "No school, it's going to be too much, yadayadayada....but she didn't. But I know I'm making the right decision.