May 8, '07
1. must have time for me and not be in a hurry all the time.
2. doesn't think that pills are the answer for everything. doctors are so fast in prescribing pills.
3. must be nice to the nurses. if my doctor would be an a** to the staff, i would get another one.
Last edit by NurseLatteDNP on May 8, '07
May 8, '07
1. Listen to my concerns, and look at me when you are speaking.
2. Have a professional front-end staff, and teach them to listen to. I have stopped seeing more physicians based on their front-end staff, than of anything the physician has or hasn't done.
3. Yeah, I know you don't like to call in prescriptions without seeing people. But when you get the same (insert illness here) once or twice a year, and JUST THIS ONCE, I am too sick to come in...after being your patient for several years...can you just cut me a break?
4. Stick to your schedule and don't over-schedule. My time is just as valuable as yours.
5. Have a competent billing staff that isn't sending me collection letters within a week of my visit.
oops...sorry I can't read...you asked for 3!
Last edit by justme1972 on May 8, '07
: Reason: ...b/c I can't read!