Please tell me this isnt normal!

Nurses LPN/LVN

Published

Specializes in cardiac/critical care/ informatics.

For LVN/LPN's this may be true, they do not get paid for what they can do, they are underpaid. Hospitals pay more, but there arent' many hospitals that are hiring LPN's.

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.

I work in DFW and earn $18.50 hourly with only 8 months of LVN experience.

My friend is an LVN in DFW and earns $20 hourly with 9 months experience.

Nursing homes in DFW tend to pay LVNs the most. Hospitals in DFW tend to pay LVNs the least. My coworker, who earns $18.50 at our workplace, was recently earning $13 per hour at Arlington Memorial Hospital. Clinics and doctors' offices tend to pay poorly in DFW. If you want to earn more money while working in a laid-back environment, work in a nursing home or rehabilitation center.

By the way, LVN jobs that paid over $18 per hour were plentiful in DFW when I was doing my job search. The majority wanted to hire me even though I was new and had no experience. The DFW job market has been very friendly to this nurse. :kiss

I work in DFW and earn $18.50 hourly with only 8 months of LVN experience.

My friend is an LVN in DFW and earns $20 hourly with 9 months experience.

Nursing homes in DFW tend to pay LVNs the most. Hospitals in DFW tend to pay LVNs the least. My coworker, who earns $18.50 at our workplace, was recently earning $13 per hour at Arlington Memorial Hospital. Clinics and doctors' offices tend to pay poorly in DFW. If you want to earn more money while working in a laid-back environment, work in a nursing home or rehabilitation center.

By the way, LVN jobs that paid over $18 per hour were plentiful in DFW when I was doing my job search. The majority wanted to hire me even though I was new and had no experience. The DFW job market has been very friendly to this nurse. :kiss

I thought so but it just shock me up a little:wink2: I plan on working in LTC so I am hoping there will be tons of jobs and a good paycheck! This may sound silly but I dont fill the need to go work at a hospital & make 5 dollars less & get no respect.....I will wait till I am a RN:wink2:

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.
This may sound silly but I dont fill the need to go work at a hospital & make 5 dollars less & get no respect.....I will wait till I am a RN:wink2:
My thoughts exactly. :)

I am not going to work on a hospital's med-surg floor for low pay and high stress as an LVN. I'd rather wait until I am an RN.

Someone should email them and ask them if they were smoking crack when they wrote that add, hahaha I dont know anyone that would work for that, CNA's make more than that around here

Someone should email them and ask them if they were smoking crack when they wrote that add, hahaha I dont know anyone that would work for that, CNA's make more than that around here

:jester: I should!:jester:

To whom it may concern,

Were you smoking crack when you wrote this ad? Yes, I am begin serious is this for a LPN or did you mean CNA?

Thanks,

Concerned LPN student :uhoh21:

Specializes in Rural.

WoW you guys, when I graduated from LPN school in 2000, I started at $10.50..YES THATS DOLLARS a hour and was glad I had a job that paid so well. I realize that living expenses are higher where you are, but 15 to 18 dollars don't seem too bad.

They should offer someone a hundred times that just to live or work in Lancaster. I used to teach school there, and it was a nightmare. There are better places to work that pay a lot more. I am applying to nursing school this spring, so I haven't worked as a nurse there. However, when I was teaching, I met quite a few people who were nurses there, and I never heard anything positive about it. I suggest looking somewhere else. There are some good places in DFW to work, and there are plenty of better places to live. Good luck!

Specializes in corrections,home health and nursing home.

Yep this is pretty norm where i have lived too. This state is gorgeous.and the people work their butts off for low paying jobs and I don't know how they manage..Now in my part of WV you are lucky to make 10$ and the rn's don't make much more than that in some areas i was shocked....My neice makes 14$ and she is a BSN at the hospital......Now this is only what i have seen........and i really don't see housing that cheap..with the taxes and cost of living here.....sure rent mite be around 400$ but sorry I want heat and not to rural.........especially here...........In fla..i made 20$ home health and prn..worked at least 36 hrs every week too..I got spoiled on that..and cost of living was average..........depends on what you are going for in lpn profession........and where you live those numbers can vary drasticaly...Me personally and this is only me..I think the lpn program in a year to make over 10$ is wonderful........I do know of CNA's that make more than that but i think that is far and few between at least where I have been.........oh sure i would love to make more who wouldn't........this is a type of job you have to want to be in for the passion it's hard work, stress related etc........like i said in my other post i have a degree in sports medicine and I love being a LPN........and we have alot of variety to choose in differ..jobs......tootles:balloons:

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

If one looks at the top

Healthcare - Health Services

Managed Care

Social Services

This ad is for an employer that is community based, not hospital or long term care which traditionally pays less monies. Also does not have the hassles of 24 hr staffing i.e mandated to stay till relief arrives. Not physically challanging to body but paperwork intensive coordinating "consumer"s needs --- most likely disabled or senior community services from reading ad.

Specializes in home & public health, med-surg, hospice.
:jester: I should!:jester:

To whom it may concern,

Were you smoking crack when you wrote this ad? Yes, I am begin serious is this for a LPN or did you mean CNA?

Thanks,

Concerned LPN student :uhoh21:

Yeah, just email them with link provided: https://allnurses.com/forums/f99/please-tell-me-isnt-normal-184989.html

LOL, that way they can get everybody's input! ;)

+ Add a Comment