stna training

U.S.A. Ohio

Published

I live in the Cleveland area, where can I go for stna training? I have tried calling nursing homes, etc and have been unsuccessful. The soonest class starts in February. Thanks

Have you looked at any local community colleges? Sometimes they have training classes too. That's where I'm taking mine (it's a requirement for my ADN).

If all else fails contact:

Dept of Hlth NA Registry

PO Box 118

Columbus OH 43266

(800) 582-5908-Ohio only

(614) 752-8285

If you call them, they should be able to tell you where training classes are located in your area.

:)

Specializes in Tele, Home Health, MICU, CTICU, LTC.

Check with the American Red Cross. Someone told me that they offer an STNA class at one of the chapters in Cleveland.

the way it seems is a lot of the ltc facilities have stopped doing the classes only because of the astronomical rate of people that take the classes and quit on them threfore really losing out on the money in the end the best advice I can think of is try to contact you local adult education schools and see if they might offer the class I know they do here in mansfield so I am sure they would in a bigger city

Not sure where exactly you are located, but the Good Samaritan Home in Avon offers classes periodically, you could check with them.

Also Lorain County Community College in Elyria offers classes, but the next round of classes probably won't begin until January 18th when the new semester begins, but the classes run about 3 1/2 weeks.

Good luck in your search.

Debi

local home health agencies may offer stna training as well; also, if you are past your first set of clinicals as a nursing student, you can take the state test to be an stna.

Specializes in MS Home Health.

I used to teach classes like that at facilities and yes it was not worth the money to provide the class. You think people might want to stay and work there but in reality most of the leave.

renerian

Try looking in the Sunday paper in the employment section... I scope it out every week to see what openings there are for STNA's because I am taking my class at my community college (it's a prereq)..and along with job openings I always see ad's to take the classes. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Check with the American Red Cross. Someone told me that they offer an STNA class at one of the chapters in Cleveland.

Welli really havnt had any luck contacting places to get into a stna class

Welli really havnt had any luck contacting places to get into a stna class

I've heard that Manorah Park in Beechwood OH has a training program and HCR manor care.

I took my STNA as a prereq at a local tech school

I am looking for STNA classes that are free in toledo ohio if anyone knows a place please email me the info [email protected] (please) or you can send me a yahoo pm at the same name

thanks

jennifer :o

+ Add a Comment