West Coast University in Dallas,Texas - page 4
Hi everyone, I was just accepted into BSN program at West Coast University in Dallas TX for fall 2012. Has anyone graduated from this school? If so, was your experience positive or negative? Are the teachers great? What do you... Read More
- 0Hello I have a few questions about WCU in Dallas. Is the application process a long process, and about how long before you receive your acceptance letter. Secondly are all those pre-requisites listed above required before becoming a nursing student. I have English, Speech and Psychology 1&2 that Ive taken in the past at DCCCD. Can you take 2 pre-reqs at one time or is 1 every 9weeks. May I also ask what is the schedule for the BSN class starting in January 2013? My last question is the financial aid process. If you are eligible to receive aid, do the issue out disburstments like the community colleges do? Thsnk you all for taking the time to read this and answering my questions. I hope to be a WCU Student this term. Thanks
- 0Jan 12, '13 by trenadammAt the time I applied (May 2012) there was not a waiting list - first come, first serve.
They are filling up fast, so if you are thinking about it - at least attend an information session and/or tour. I see them giving tours almost everyday. I spoke as a student guest speaker at the last orientation and there was 40-50 people.
I take my Fundamentals final on Monday.
All clinicals are scheduled within 50 miles of the school, including VA. I know that they are working to try to get us in other hospitals, including Parkland.......I still haven't gotten my official assignment location, just day for clinicals starting the first week in Feb.
Because of the accelerated pace of the term, they won't let you take more than 2 classes at a time.
All students start at different levels, so the schedules are different for everyone.
Yes, you can apply for financial aid - they are very good about helping you through that process. Payments go directly to the school.
Hope it helps!
You can email me directly at email@example.com if you want more info.
- 0Mar 15 by abowen01Hi guys!! I am actually curious how all of you are doing at west coast?? I had applied a year ago but wanted to finish some pre Reqs. I then got into ITT nursing program and started that! Boy let me tell you WHAT A JOKE!!! Don't know what I was thinking!! I am scheduled to fill out paperwork at west coast on Monday for transfer! They seem to think even some of my nursing classify transfer. I highly doubt it due to ITT being a horrible school but we can only hope for the best! Anyways..... I was just curious how you all are liking the program over there?? How is the curriculum and the instructors?? Just curious and any of your advice and insight would be appreciated 😊😊
- 0Apr 1 by WatsonCutieHey!! I have applied and am attending an info session on Friday. I do have all pre req's finished and was wondering if anyone is working part-time while taking only the nursing classes? How much free time do you have available to work and study? At least part-time.
And how much was tuition for only the nursing courses? And how long was the program?
- 1Apr 1 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminQuote from matthewandrewI am fairly certain that the tuition is greater than $100k just like the campuses in southern California. However, prospective and current students will be claiming to be getting 'discounts' through prerequisite course transfers, 'free' supplies and other gimmicks.How much is tuition?