FBI fingerprintsRegister Today!
- by bumblebeegaga Oct 6, '08Hi all,
just wondering how long it usually take for the FBI background check to come back? I just recently passed the NCLEX and my RN status is pending for the FBI clearance. I submitted my 2nd fingerprints (my first one got rejected due to the low qualiy) on 9/22 and have been calling South Dakota board of nursing daily for the past week for no results. Today the BON called back saying that the it's confirmed that my fingerprints are in process...other than that they could not give me more information..
I was just thinking whether it usually takes that long to process? I am scheduled to attend my first nursing job orientation next monday and if I don't get my license by that time, I'll have to wait a whole month for the next orientation. I am very anxious about this....Anyone has any info/insights on this? Thanks in advance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=338923©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,012 Views
- Oct 6, '08 by CHATSDALEwe had fingerprints taken when we were in school, i hope that you have results soon
these are usually done by the state, check with them and see if this is customary and how long you might have to wait
- Oct 6, '08 by flightnurse2bi havent tested yet, but i submitted my fingerprints for state/fed background check about 3 wks ago, and it said in the email confirmation that they got them, but the background check can sometimes take up to 10 weeks!
- Oct 7, '08 by RFWBGrrrrrrrr.
This is a touchy subject for me right now. Just finished LPN school on 9/17. Submitted fingerprints six months ago while still in school - and just found out LAST WEEK that my FBI prints had come back unclassifiable. The BON didn't call me to tell me this because they didn't have complete address info because our applications weren't filed yet - even though I had called them three weeks ago just to double-check and nobody bothered to call me back. In my state we can't even TAKE the NCLEX until all of the prints and background checks clear.
I have a job already, and am just sort of sitting here in limbo waiting for everything to get filed in the proper place and HOPING that they don't go ahead and fill my job with someone else out of necessity. Who knows how long this process will now take for me, now that it's been so delayed. Interstingly enough, about half of my graduating classmates had this same problem.
So, to make a long story short, I feel your pain......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
- Oct 7, '08 by bumblebeegagaSaga#2 - so instead of just waiting, I called the FBI to check my fingerprint process and they confirmed that they had have sent the results back to BON on 9/24. The FBI customer service rep said that BON will need to call FBI back if they have not received my results by now. So I called BON back and explained to them what I found out. But guess what, I was told then that according to their FBI point of contact that my fingerprints are still in process and the info I got is not correct ( I interpreted it that they were too lazy to verify the info I got directly from FBI), anyway, just second guessed myslef, I called the FBI again, a different customer service rep confirmed again that the results was sent on 9/26 to South Dakota BON....oh, I am very frustrated right now...any suggestinons?
- Oct 7, '08 by suzanne4Unofortunately, there is not one thing that you can do. If you get someone there angry, then you can get delayed even longer. At this point in time, you are dealing with people if you kniow that they have been sent out to the BON.
I would just wait it out.
I am going to move this thread to the South Dakota Forum since it is not related to the actual fingerprints at this point but specific to the BON.
Best of luck to you.
- Mar 21, '09 by bumblebeegagaTo respond to rlyne59,
Hi I eventually got the fingerprints results back after 2 and a half weeks. Just keep calling your state board for updates....that's all I can advise you for now.