2017 Duke New Grad Program

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hey! I just thought I'd make a place where people can ask questions regarding applications, interviews, and new jobs regarding Duke's Summer 2017 New grad Program. I sent my application in for Duke's New Grad Program in January, and still haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard anything different?

Good luck!

Specializes in PACU.

I know the PICU at Duke University Hospital has been hiring people (I've heard of 2 people extended offers, at least), but I haven't heard about any of the other floors/units. Duke Regional recently starting emailed out their offers after the open house/interviews from 3 weeks ago.

I have an interview for Surgical ICU in March. They emailed me within 1-2 weeks after I applied. I'm not sure how many people they are interviewing for the unit or how many people they are hiring. I know a lot of people haven't heard anything back from them. Maybe it depends on what unit you selected you were interested in. What unit did you select as your interest?

Hey!!! My friend and I both applied in the first/second weeks of January and we both got an interview coming up on February 27th for the MICU. Idk how many people they're looking to hire or are interviewing. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful interview tips specific to Duke. I know i should prepare the basic interview behavioral questions but was curious if there was anything different. Do they ask knowledge based/ clinical questions? Good luck to everyone!! :)

They are currently doing interviews at Duke (according to what an HR recruiter told me). A lot of my fellow class mates have been extended positions (mostly on a tele/cardiac floor). I applied also, but have heard absolutely nothing.

Specializes in PACU.

Just received an invitation to interview with surgery stepdown! I know ED also sent out invitations last week, so it looks like they're finally moving through the applications. There will also be an open house hiring even March 15th, so they will probably be posting that job listing soon.

Congratulations on your interview offer! I know a lot of people from my class have gotten interviews and job offers already, so good luck!

I just scheduled an interview for their medicine-stepdown unit :)

Congratulations! Is that one of the units you were interested in? :)

I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to the open house event?

Specializes in PACU.

I was planning on it if I didn't hear back from either of my interviews before the 15th. I interviewed in the PACU yesterday, and have an interview with surgical stepdown on Tuesday so I'm hoping to hear back soon to make it unnecessary to go on the 15th.

How did your interview go? I hope you get some good news to save yourself the trip!

Has anyone heard anything from the pediatrics unit yet?

+ Add a Comment