Hi all, I'm just curious to know if anyone would ever turn down acceptance to a BSN program for an ADN in order to have your employer pay for your BSN. Ive read that many people's decisions are sometimes based on financial reasons & family obligations. So if you had a choice which would you do & what other reasons would you make your decision besides costs, length of time, & family obligations?????:spin: Thanks for any comments
I turned down my acceptance to a BSN program for an ASN program. I had several reasons. I already have a BS in another field, but the accelerated programs are not practical for me since I MUST work at least part-time (no I don't have children, but I do have bills). I plan to go back and get my BSN afterwards, but I want the hospital I'm working for to pay for at least part of it.
I picked the ASN program in my area for the following reasons:
- It's NCLEX pass rate was actually higher than the BSN program I applied to (I know this isn't always the case, but for me it was.)
- The ADN program is closer to home and all of the good BSN programs near me are in the city (paying for parking everyday AND dealing with traffic...not for me!)
- It's going to cost me one years worth of BSN tuition for my whole nursing program (including books and uniforms)!
I could go on...there is always a value in continuing your education, but for me I just want to get in there and be a nurse (and get out of the business world)...then I'll continue my education. Not to mention I'm still paying student loans from my last degree.
Last edit by NursePru on Jun 18, '07