GRADUATED!!! Do I call myself RN yet?Register Today!
- by Nurse-84 May 21I just graduated as a Registered Nurse!! ADN... I worked my butt off working and going to school! God is good..my question is can I call myself a Registered nurse yet? I'm not scheduled to take my boards yet, school has to send my completion program paper work. I feel so uncomfortable calling myself that already. I'm a LPN already so its a change. I know to work as a licensed RN I have to the NCLEX but people keep asking me what I am and Im confused on if I can say it? haha
- May 21 by JustBeachyNurseIn the US..,,You are a graduate nurse until you pass the NCLEX and are issued a license to practice as a registered nurse by the board of nursing. In the majority of states the title of registered nurse is legally protected.
- May 21 by akulahawkIn other words, OP, you're a GN. A Graduate Nurse. You don't have a license yet, but you're no longer a student either. Your state may issue you a temporary license to work as a GN under the supervision of an RN until you've taken the NCLEX. That part is up to your state's BON.
- May 21 by Havin' A Party!No offense... but this was heavily stressed when I was in school. (Just sayin: kinda surprised with the query... if this was seriously posed.)
- May 21 by BostonFNPNo. Not yet.
- May 21 by Ella26OP you will be able to call your self an RN once you pass the NCLEX-RN.
- May 21 by pebbles049congrats . We graduate tommorow nite also. I am also an L.P.N. Cant wait to take the boards. Dont have a date yet cause school has to send in paperwork too.
- May 21 by pookypSomeone called herself a nurse yesterday because she graduated and I was like ...no. Lol not until you take the nclex.