One week left on the alternates list :(Register Today!
- by Success88 Aug 12, '12Hello everyone! I applied to the nursing program at Augusta State University in February. I receive my letter in April saying I waas placed on the alternates list. Well classes start on the 20th of this month and I have not heard anything from the school yet. As of now I don't know what to do! Any advice?
- Aug 13, '12 by AnsumanaI don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but don't get your hopes up. Your number means that there are twenty people before you that will get a phone call if anyone else drops and I don't think they will call u as if u only gave about six days to get your books, scrubs, your physical, and other items and you may need to be CPR certified, though in not sure but those are the two major requirements to get into the program.
- Aug 13, '12 by Success88Ansumana well the school told me that I have until the 20th to hear something. I am already CPR certified. And if they call you on the first day of school the only thing u have to purchase is your books. And I already have my physical done because they actually send you the physical paper work just in case. And as far as uniforms u are excused due to being on the alternates list. So I am required to order late. But thanks for the advice.
- Aug 14, '12 by Blue Felt FedoraWhen I went to the info session at my school, they mentioned that they often have no-shows the first week of classes -- students who were accepted for the program and don't decline their spot despite accepting a spot at another school. Keep your chin up...you may still hear!
- Aug 14, '12 by Nurse2b209The only thing you can do is be patient. Also, register for other classes you can take. But if the program calls you be ready to accept. They usually give alternates extra time to get things. I found out in April that I was alternate #9 from the BSN program and ended up getting accepted in May and I start next week. My program can admit people up to 1 1/2 wk after the program starts. Just keep your head up. By the way, what alternate # are you?
- Aug 15, '12 by Bloomgirl118Quote from Ladylynn6We have had the very same thing happen at our school before. It's not easy on the person waiting but there are people that have gotten in the week classes started. Our program most definitely gives leeway to complete requirements when called at the last minute though.When I went to the info session at my school, they mentioned that they often have no-shows the first week of classes -- students who were accepted for the program and don't decline their spot despite accepting a spot at another school. Keep your chin up...you may still hear!
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that call!
- Aug 17, '12 by Success88I really hope I get that call today or Monday! Orientation is today . Just keep praying for me guys
- Aug 18, '12 by manderI have talked to a few people in my class on the first day who have said things like "I just got called yesterday." They had to accept right then and there!