Mailed My Nursing School Application On Friday...Register Today!
- by acunnin4 May 19I took my HESI A2 exam on Friday and scored an overall 89.67% (Reading and Comp., Math, A&P, Biology, Grammer, and Vocab. was on my HESI). The community college that I attend gives extra "points" if you score at least a 80% or higher on A&P (I scored a 84%), a 80% or higher overall, and 80% or higher on both.
I currently have a 4.0 GPA and my school gives extra points if a student completes all of their co-req. courses before applying to the nursing program (which is for an associates degree). I have completed all of the required co-req. and pre-req. courses.
I mailed my application on Friday, so the waiting game is on! There is only one school in my area that offers an associates degree in nursing (the other one is 2 hours away), so I don't have any other schools that I can apply to. Do you think I have a good chance at getting accepted? The deadline for the application is June 10 for the Fall 2013 semester and it can take up to 6 weeks after to find out who made the cut. This school is very competitive, so I hope my HESI score was high enough.
Who else is playing the waiting game right now?
- May 19 by MommaTyGood luck I applied October 2012 and didn't find out until April 6th that I was accepted for the fall ADN program. I start September 3rd. I have a mandatory nursing orientation on May 29th from 9a-3p. So excited But the application deadline was February 1st 2013. Waiting game sucks, you start stalking the mail lol.
- May 19 by SopranoKrisBest of luck to you!!! How long do you have to wait before you get your letter?
- May 19 by kelzfuturenurseI'm currently waiting too but I take my TEAS on the 28th of this month. Once I pass the exam, then I get an interview scheduled. We are suppose get the news of acceptance/rejection late June or early July. Good luck to you!
- May 19 by Cortney2013I took the PAX RN on may 13th and I am now waiting also. Letters for my school go out on June 15th so only about 28 or so more days before I should have it at my house in my possession!!! Good Luck to everyone else that's waiting!!
- May 19 by nurse671Good luck!!
- May 20 by acunnin4Good luck Cortney2013! Thanks nurse671
- May 20 by stewartfamily2010I'm waiting. Turned my application in last week. Deadline is the end of May and we don't find out who made the cut until late July but they said more than likely it will be August! Congratulations and good luck!
- May 21 by acunnin4Stewartfamily2010, I hope we don't have to wait until August to find out...the wait would kill me! Good luck, I hope you make the cut.