Can't Get A Definite Answer - What Format Did You Submit Your Entrance Essay In?Register Today!
- by jpluncford21 Dec 29, '12I can't find an answer through any search I've done so far, and I can't get in touch with anyone in the nursing department. My application is due by 1/20, and I want to get it in at least two weeks before the deadline. My application packet is getting mailed out this Monday, so I thought I would come here and take a broad survey. What format did you submit your entrance essay for nursing school in? MLA? APA? I can't get anyt definite answers. An English Comp professor said just general essay format....a friend of mine who has a masters in child psych suggested APA (which seems really formal for an entrance essay of 800 words). At the moment my essay is in an MLA style format. Oh..and I'm applying to the University Of Tennessee's Accelerated BSN Program, just incase theres anyone out there who is as well.
- 1,499 Views
- Dec 29, '12 by meeepI wouldnt think you would need either for a nursing school admissions essay.
However, if the essay is going to require you to cite sources, APA. MLA is for English/history/humanities papers.
- Dec 29, '12 by StephalumpWhat in the world would you be citing for an admissions essay?
- Dec 29, '12 by Bloomgirl118Definitely just essay format. You're not going to be citing any references so anything more formal would be overkill and seem out of place. Good luck!
- Dec 29, '12 by jpluncford21Awesome! Thank you so much! So no need for double spacing, page numbers, or a title?
- Dec 29, '12 by kailynnsmomYes, double space and number the pages. A general essay is fine. Good luck!
- Dec 29, '12 by PennySDid it not specify in the application? If no, then definitely double space, times new roman 12 pt. If there is a word count or page limit, make sure you stick to it. Maybe a header with your name...Last edit by PennyS on Dec 29, '12
- Dec 29, '12 by stephanneThis thread helps me too, thanks!
I second the times new roman 12 pt font. And definitely double space!