Anatomy/Physiology 1 and General ChemistryRegister Today!
- by Amazing81 Nov 12, '12Hello Everyone!
I have one more class before I can be put on the waiting list for the RN program. This is where my problem comes in. I am currently taking Anatomy/Physiology and I'm failing miserably. So I enrolled myself for next semester along with General Chemistry. Has anyone taken these two classes together or am I taking on to much? I know if I would've put in more effort this semester I would've been fine. I just want to get them out the way and I can apply... together
- Nov 12, '12 by adoRNo2b2015Let me see if I understand : you are taking A&P now and are failing it and you're taking it again with chemistry in the spring? If so, why would anyone do that? I hope I misunderstood what you meant.
- Nov 12, '12 by adoRNo2b2015That's what I'm trying to understand. If she's taking A&P now and failing it, why and how taking it with chemistry will help not fail not one but 2 classes? Not everyone can take the stress of 2 major science classes together.
- Nov 12, '12 by x_factorIf you are failing A&P I now by itself, I highly advise not re-taking it again with Chemistry. You are talking two very time-consuming classes. Can it be done? Absolutely, many students do it all the time and do great. But if you struggled and failed A&P the first time, do not set yourself up for failure by re-taking it alongside another difficult science class. Do one a time, and make sure when you re-take A&P that you recognize what caused you to fail the first time, so that you can correct those issues and not repeat them in the future.
- Nov 13, '12 by violetgirlHum, I think you would be better off just taking it again by itself to be safe!
Do you still have time in your class right now to pull up your grade?
Study groups, tape record your class, speak to instructor, see if you need
more time on your test taking through DSPS, and any other ways you can
pull up your grade now... Either way, you will be fine and you will retain
it better the next time around! Stay positive and only focus on this one class if you can?
At my college Chem had to be taken first before taking this class... Keep us posted on what you decide.
- Nov 13, '12 by hodgieRNIf you risk doing poorly in both classes during the same semester, your GPA might lower enough to not be accepted. Play it smart...
- Nov 13, '12 by givemeu1I agree with the other posters....take it by itself unless you're ready to be studying non stop. A/P is hard, IMHO, including it with chemistry is disaster. I wouldn't risk the GPA loss. Also...if your college is anything like mine, they offer a holiday interim session that can be taken during Christmas Break, it's fast but might be an option if your school offers it.. Tonight while an instructor was registering us for the spring semester, I begged one of my classmates not enroll in Micro with A/P II with corresponding lab...she did it anyway. I am anxious to see how this is going to work out for her. Good Luck in whatever you decide.