I was sharing with a coworker some of the sweet/sad/cute/charming things that my DD said while she had RSV as a toddler or was recovering from major surgery when she was 5. It got me to wondering what kinds of things you pedi nurses have heard.
1) When looking up at the bag of NS: "Daddy, where's the goldfish?"
2) Referring to her neurosurgeon as the "narrow surgeon."
3) When experiencing severe facial edema: "I just wanna take the mask off."
4) We'd explained that Bob the RT was there to help the sick kids... We'd ask, "What's Bob's job?" Her reply, "To help six kids."
5) When at her wit's end with discomfort and fed up with the whole experience: "I just want to break all their toys... and I'd laugh!"
6) After a few days with a Foley: (Very seriously) "Now I know where my pee comes out."
Please share some of the memorable things "your" kids have said.