Little Brother - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 28, '12 by hey_suzBeautiful story. Thank you for sharing this with us.
- Aug 28, '12 by GitanoRNOP, I would like to thank you for sharing this post with all of us, as I send you a hug from across the miles....Aloha~
- Aug 28, '12 by nurse671That was nice. Thank you for sharing your story.
- Aug 29, '12 by bigsick_littlesickSuch a beautiful story! And yes, as someone said earlier, you are definitely a great writer You describe the very core of what nurses do without question. I tried explaining this feeling, all these interactions with our patients, the compassion, the empathy, the humanity we experience every time we walk onto the floor to someone who had no idea what it was to be a nurse... They just didn't get it. Thank you for sharing!
- Aug 29, '12 by hurty25thanks for being a great NURSe!...normally,we felt dissapointed to our patient specially if we did our best to care them but they didn't appreciate our effort maybe because they were worried or focusing too much in thier conditions.Hence,sympathizing and understanding thier conditions make us to persevere and helping them to improved.Its a good feeling to see them smiling and knowing that they are now OK and recieved the best care that we could offer to them.
- Aug 29, '12 by Spidey's momVery well written and timely for me. My brother-in-law had surgery yesterday and the cancer had spread more than the docs thought. He's also Hispanic, speaks mostly Spanish and is stoic. My fear for him is in communication with his caregivers - he's at even more of a disadvantage. His kids and wife all speaks Spanish so I'm hoping they'll be able to help.
Adding a language barrier to your story . . . . .
- Aug 29, '12 by itsnoworneverOh goodness. It's too early for me to be crying. Wonderful story!
- Aug 29, '12 by needshaldolYou are in the right area of nursing for you. I know it can be very difficult but you have managed to have the right prespective and will help many. You took the time to make him feel human wheras so many of us are robot nurses, afraid to start a conversation only because we do not have time. How sad.
- Aug 29, '12 by CrazierThanYouAwesome! I really enjoyed reading it!
- Aug 29, '12 by caughtbuckinoffThat was a beautiful story. Anything military related always pulls my heartstrings just a little more than usual. I've met some amazing soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines in my time.
Thank you for sharing!