NRSE 414 Cultural Diversity - page 48
Who's on board for this class next session? Join up!... Read More
- 0Quote from DidiRNI cannot get alice to work for me, have talked with Ohio Tech repeatedly on this matter, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I finally have just opted out of Alice and use work to access the hournals - I can set up parameters such as peer reviwed, full text articles only, dates wanted etc. I am sure you can do that with Alice - but it works so hapahazrdly with me that I just give up. Plus, the Cinahl that I use at work is through a compnay and the moment they find I am an employee they connect me immeditealy to any tech help. Gotta love my facility's research engine for the library.Does any else hardly use Alice? I do most of my research on CINAHL. I just didn't seem to find much using Alice, but maybe I'm not doing it right.
- 1Quote from nbanasz1yours looks fine to me - mine looks like this from perrla software:i'm aboout 6 hours in on this paper. at this point it doesn't even read like paper, more like a bunch of choppy anwers to questions. i have no idea how much is enough. how many references etc?
does this look right?
u.s. census bureau. (2010). selected population profile in the united states: american community survey 1-year estimates. lithuanian. retrieved from american factfinder - results
u.s. census bureau. (2010). american fact finder. selected social characteristics in the united states: 2006-2010 american community survey selected population tables - german. retrieved june 3, 2012, from http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/...es/index.xhtml
i changed it to u.s. because that is how they describe themselves on the page rather than spelling out united states like i did previously.Last edit by 2yearrnba on Jun 4, '12 : Reason: updated
- 0Jun 4, '12 by PeanutButterJellyI spent many hours looking on that dumb ALICE website for an article that is good enough. I finally picked an article that is MD based. It's from a nursing journal though. I don't care at this point. Weather is nice and I'm tired of being couped up in this house. My discussion post is not that long. Well it actually looked longer on Word but when I went to copied and pasted it on the DB... I had to go back and add because it didn't look lengthy. So over it!
- 0Jun 4, '12 by Simply ComplicatedI did the test yourself for Mod 4 on Thursday I think. But last night, it was showing I had not completed it, but it didn't give me the option to retake it. I posted in the Q&A asking about it, but all she responded was she could not open it again. I know it doesn't count as a grade, I hope I don't get marked down for it. I don't understand why it showed as not done to begin with. So frustrating, I get all my work in on time, I bust my butt. If I loose points for this I'm not going to be happy.
- 0Jun 4, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from mtsteelhorseI dont mean I only spent 4 hours. I have spent about 8 hours researching the culture and finding articles. One article I wanted to use required permission just to cite. That was a job to get permission. But I got it!Only 4 hours??? LOL! I'd say you're doing great! This DB article is a worse pain than the paper IMO. Finding a nursing journal article in the last 2 years, yada yada yada...ok guys, we're almost done with another one. Don'tcha just love APA?!!!
Now I don't know how to cite permissions. Any Ideas?
- 0Jun 4, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from 2yearrnbayour citation looks great. better than mine. i think i better redo mine. i didn't use us census bureau, i just used american fact finder... but census bureau makes more sense.yours looks fine to me - mine looks like this from perrla software:
u.s. census bureau. (2010). american fact finder. selected social characteristics in the united states: 2006-2010 american community survey selected population tables - german. retrieved june 3, 2012, from american factfinder
i changed it to u.s. because that is how they describe themselves on the page rather than spelling out united states like i did previously.
- 0Jun 4, '12 by Simply ComplicatedHow did you guys pick a direction to even go for this DB? Did you pick a disease process, then start trying to find an article relating to a specific culture, pick a culture and just start looking for articles for it? I usually figure these things out pretty easy, but I am just lost on this one.
- 0Jun 4, '12 by DidiRN Asst. AdminQuote from Simply ComplicatedI picked the culture first, then went online to CINAHL and searched and browsed through the articles. You can also narrow the article search by year, so that you can only get ones in the past two years. That's how I picked my article out. I have never used Alice since I started at OU in the spring, never had any luck finding anything there. I did try to use it again though this time around, since that's what they requested in the assignment. But I had zero luck finding anything.How did you guys pick a direction to even go for this DB? Did you pick a disease process, then start trying to find an article relating to a specific culture, pick a culture and just start looking for articles for it? I usually figure these things out pretty easy, but I am just lost on this one.