What's the weirdest name you've heard a patient name her baby?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What's the weirdest name you've heard a patient name her baby? in Ob/Gyn Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hi, I was wondering about some of those weird names that you've probably encountered in L&D and PP....by teresab_2000 Apr 14, '02Hi, I was wondering about some of those weird names that you've probably encountered in L&D and PP. I remember when I had my maternity rotation a couple of weeks ago, one of the nurses said she remembers a patient that named her child Placenta . I couldn't believe it that some child has to live his life named after disgusting afterbirth!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=16017©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 659,197 Views
- Apr 14, '02 by shayCan't say it was a 'weird' name, per se....but one name that I have had at least 2 pts. name their kid was 'precious.' Now, some people may think that's endearing or whatever, but to me it sounds like a name you'd give your poodle or a stripper.
- Apr 14, '02 by proud2bmeI know of a child that goes to school with my children by the name of "Troubles". How sad is that? I wonder what that mom was thinking.
- Apr 14, '02 by Mary DoverHey shay, in fact I did used to have a poodle named Precious.
- Apr 14, '02 by Mary DoverIn our local paper, there's a 'cute baby contest' or something (although I can't figure out what cute has to do with it, cause the winner is decided by whoever gets the most money contributed).
Anyway, one baby's name was 'Knowledge'. Well, at least that would be more of a self esteem booster than 'Troubles' I reckon.
- Apr 15, '02 by TookieMy daughter went to school in her prep year with
Sapphire, Crystal, Jade and a pearl
- Apr 15, '02 by mother/babyRNNefertitia....It was really hard for me to pretend to like it or even pass it off as interesting when the proud teenaged mom asked me if I liked it.....Actually, the entire name was Nefertitia Fertile(middle not last)...I remember asking if she had any other choices so I could make a comparison but she shook her head and told me it was the only one she liked...Sometimes you just have to let it go....
- Apr 15, '02 by PaprikatMy girlfriend told me about a couple that named their kid "Blue" because that was the colour he was when he came out...
- Apr 15, '02 by canoeheadMahogany Love
The product of a teen pregnancy with a really mushy dramatic mom.
- Apr 15, '02 by Tookie'My daughter went to school in her prep year with
Sapphire, Crystal, Jade and a pearl'
I apoligise - I was wrong it was not Pearl I have just been reminded that it ws in fact Amber - However what is one gem amongst another I guess a lot to the mother concerned - It must have been fashionable 20 years ago to have gem names.