Which Littmann?Register Today!
- by MammaNurse2Be Jun 28, '11If price were not object, which Littman stethoscope would you buy and why? I looked at old stethoscope threads but they seemed dated. Wanted to make sure I got the most up to date answer. In looking, there is a wide variety in price all by Littman. I need to order one asap. I looked at stethoscope.com. Any other good sites? Thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=584681©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,883 Views
- Jun 28, '11 by ScottE,RNLittmann 3200 would be my choice, price not being an issue of course. That electronic scope is almost $400.00.
I highly recommend http://www.medisave.net Free laser etching.
- Jun 28, '11 by MammaNurse2BeThanks Scott, I looked at those but not sure my school would allow an electronic scope. I'll have to send an email and ask.
- Jun 28, '11 by Always_LearningI use a Littman SE II, and have found it quite adequate. I think you'll find that a reeeeeally expensive electronic model might grow legs and walk off...
- Jun 28, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Nursing Stethoscope forum
- Jun 30, '11 by ScottE,RNQuote from MammaNurse2BeThanks Scott, I looked at those but not sure my school would allow an electronic scope. I'll have to send an email and ask.
A lot of schools want you to have a traditional bell and diaphragm stethoscope. Given that requirement the Littmann Cardiology III fits the bill. It has the adult "tunable" diaphragm side and the peds "tunable" diaphragm side that is convertible to a traditional bell with a piece that is included when you buy a scope.
- Jul 1, '11 by Chris NSwell if I was in RN school or even in LPN school I would prob start with a classic II SE for school and than after I knew how to use a one two sided chest piece and can tell the difference from sounds I would but the Master Cardiology
- Jul 3, '11 by ChrisChangCNAi like the claassic 2 se
- Jul 5, '11 by ChrisCNAmaster cardio
- Jul 12, '12 by C.LOVEELittmann for sure! I have owned the Littman Select, Select Lightweight, Classic SE II, and the Master Classic. All of them work well, however I wasn't a big fan of the Select Lightweight. The Master Classic is wonderful, although for me it was too heavy around my neck all day. I would recomment the Classic SE II. Here are some sites.
Uniforms - Nursing Scrubs, Nursing Uniforms & Medical Scrubs - allheart
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
ScrubsAndBeyond.com - Medical Scrubs and Uniforms | Nursing Shoes, Stethoscopes and Accessories