Clogs vs sneakers vs walking shoes, which one?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Clogs vs sneakers vs walking shoes, which one? in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... I have been offered and accepted a position in an ICU unit. My sneakers from school are wrecked at...by barnstormin' Apr 16, '12I have been offered and accepted a position in an ICU unit. My sneakers from school are wrecked at this point and I need to get something that will be supportive and comfy yet light. I am looking for your experiences with footwear for nursing. I am considering Dansko clogs, trainers, or walking shoes, the RN's on the unit wear all different shoes.....what shoes have you loved? Hated?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=698220©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,856 Views
- Apr 16, '12 by not.done.yetLove my Danskos, though they are not the clog style.
- Apr 16, '12 by DixieleeIt depends on your foot. My arch is high and I can never get into a clog, much less wear them comfortably. I personally love New Balance. I find one that fits well and buy 2 pair of the same, then switch them out until they are worn out, then I buy two more! You will need something that gives good support, will not slip if you step in water or body fluids and that are easy to clean (I pop mine in the washer with some bleach).
- Apr 16, '12 by whichone'spinkSneakers are more comfortable for me. Danskos are great, because they give me some height. But they hurt my feet after a few hours of me being on my feet with them on. And it's the sides of my feet, even though my Danskos are pretty wide.
- Apr 16, '12 by classicdameI wear Easy Spirit anti-gravity shoes. They look like toners, but are not. They have gel balls to cushion your heel. Clogs made me trip
- Apr 16, '12 by Fiona59Know your workers compensation guidelines. In my province, if you have a leg or foot injury while wearing clogs or open toed or backed shoes, you have no coverage. And yes, this even applies to nurses doing homecare or community health.
- Apr 16, '12 by loriangel14New Balance!
- Apr 16, '12 by Flo.I love nike free. After trying about 15 different shoes my first year of nursing they are the best. The worst was dansko.
- Apr 16, '12 by KEEGAN10Love my Dansko's. Have 3 pair. Great for 12 hour shifts! Croft & Barrow also make a very comfy clog (for 1/2 the price of Dansko's).
- Apr 17, '12 by merleeI have always loved clogs, and Danskos are terrific. I had bunion surgery years ago, and cannot tolerate anything rubbing on the scar. Clogs don't have that seam that generally cuts right across my scar. When one agency said I could not wear clogs, I got my doc to write a note. They weren't happy, but my feet were!!
And now I have neuropathy, and still love my clogs and other backless shoes. Can't stand any rubbing on my heels.
Best wishes to you. BTW - I agree with the poster who stated that once you find what you love - buy 2 at a time!