- 0Feb 6, '11 by student81HAS ANYONE TAKEN A STRAIGHTLINER COURSE AND TRANSFERED IT TO THIER SCHOOL?
- 1Feb 7, '11 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminI'm currently enrolled in two of Straighterline's courses.
Many people have easily transferred their credits to the colleges and universities that have specifically partnered with Straighterline, such as Excelsior, Thomas Edison, Charter Oak, Capella, DeVry, Colorado State's global campus, Fort Hays, etc.
Problems may or may not arise if you attempt to transfer the credits into a school that is not a partner college of Straighterline. If you are trying to do this, I would have your Straighterline courses transcribed onto an ACE transcript and see what happens.
One of the partner schools, Fort Hays State Univ, will transcript five of Straighterline's courses as their very own: College Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Accounting I, and Accounting II. It appears as if you took the courses at Fort Hays, which makes it easier when trying to transfer credit into schools that are not involved in the Straighterline partnership.
- 0Mar 14, '11 by Nervous1I have taken English COmp I & II, General Chem with Lab, College Algebra, Macroeconomics and finishing up Business Communications tomorrow ( all of this was done since February 2011). I know ISU will take the ENglish's on the ACE transcript. Macro & College Algebra was/will be transcribed thru FHSU as credits obtained there. General Chem is on ACE. Got preliminary approval on Chem from ISU also......they will accept ACE recommendations according to their transfer guy.
- 0Mar 14, '11 by echo56I'm currently taking a Biology class, and I absolutely hate it. I've taken numerous online courses previously,( and scored high 90's) but this one is kicking my rear... royally. Seriously considering dropping this class, but I really need the credit. I've emailed them twice now asking for some guidance, but no response as of yet. Plan on emailing or calling tomorrow.
- 1Mar 14, '11 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminQuote from lvnibclcSo far, so good.How are your courses going through Straighterline?
I'm now enrolled in six Straighterline courses: Biology, Business Communications, Economics, College Algebra, Business Statistics, and Accounting I. I have completed the first three courses listed and will probably be done with College Algebra sometime within the next 24 hours. This is a good option if you are seeking cheap credits, because you're only paying $39 per course if you are enrolled in the monthly subscription.
- 0Mar 17, '11 by Nervous1Quote from 2ndcareerchangeSelf paced.....some classes are alot of work, others are pretty easy. Timeline for completion for me = Algebra couple of days, English Comp I 2 weeks, English Comp II 2 weeks, Chemistry 2 weeks, Macro 4 weeks, Business Communication about 9 days.How is the work load? Do you find it harder than other online classes? Is it the same as the Clep classes? How fast do you complete the classes? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to gather as much information before making a decision. Thanks!