College Network Study Guide
- 0Dec 18, '07 by rrt_thats_meIf I would go thru The College Network, how much do they charge per study guide???
- 7,377 Visits
- 1Dec 18, '07 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorWay more than you really need to pay ... there are plenty of resources that don't require you to sign a contract and spend thousands extra. You can find TCN study guides used for much less on eBay. Just my opinion ... some people like the support they receive from TCN, and knowing that they don't have to hunt around for study materials.
- 0Dec 19, '07 by NC Girl BSNThe cost of TCN study guides are $495. They just went up in September. You also have to pay Again to take the test at Pearson vue.($160-200) each test. You can buy the guides on EBay if you bid high enough but beware. I paid $100 for a Microbilogy TCN studyguide on EBAY and the seller never sent it. He scammed a bunch of people that weekend. If your taking prerequisites go through Excelsior and pay $205 for the class and buy the book. The course outline are free and the amount includes the cost of taking the test at Pearson vue. Its up to you on whether you want to spent 600-700 dollars to take a test of $200 + the cost of the book. Good Luck!
- 0Dec 19, '07 by NC Girl BSNNo! I even launched an investigation with EBAY and nothing ever happened. Since then I only buy from Half.com and I bought Excelsior study guides from Lisa and studygroup 101 and that because others from here brought from here. I don't like losing my money so Im weary of EBay.
Quote from LunahYikes!! Did you get your money back?
- 0Dec 19, '07 by lvnandmomx3If your taking prerequisites go through Excelsior and pay $205 for the class and buy the book. The course outline are free and the amount includes the cost of taking the test at Pearson vue.Last edit by lvnandmomx3 on Dec 19, '07
- 0Dec 20, '07 by NC Girl BSNQuote from TracylvnThat is the fee to register and test for nursing classes. i think it might be a couple dollars higher for undergrad perquisites. Once you pay, buy the book and go to pearsonvue.com and register to take the test.Do they offer a class 2 for the $205 I have 7 pre rec's I need and testing is with them. I thought the $205 was just the fee to test. I'm confused now.