You Know You're a Nurse When... - page 160
by Brownms46 695,993 Views | 1602 Comments
I know many of you have heard or read some like these...but here are some I haven't seen before. Some made me :rotfl: Hope you enjoy them...:rotfl: The front of you scrubs read: 'Nurses...here to save your a**, not kiss... Read More
- 1Jun 17, '12 by jennyrn2012Quote from nrw350My stethoscope is on my rear view mirror I also always study people's hands/arms.... without them noticing...I think.Here are some of the (humorous) ways to tell if someone is a nurse:
They store their stethoscope over the rear-view mirror in their car
They have medical supplies in their homes/car that can normally be gotten only thru hospital
They wear scrubs to bed and around the house as though it was formal wear.
They look at you intensely (esp at the arms) for veins.
I hope you all find these humorous. Please feel free to add to this list as you all see fit. Should turn out to be a good laugh I would think.
- 2Jun 18, '12 by OB Nurse AndreaThe other day, one of my fellow nurses opened up her lunch bag and said "oh no, my sandwich prolapsed." She held up her sandwich baggy and showed her sandwich that had all the meat and toppings falling through the bread. We giggled about it for several minutes.
On the topic of things that are hilarious at work but non-medical people probably wouldn't even get or find funny...
They gave us a former office that is inside our nursing station as a place to store drinks and belongings out of patient view. One of my fellow labor and delivery nurses came up with the name "The Internal os" and it stuck. lol
- 0Jun 18, '12 by InoriWhen you can make an accurate nursing diagnosis when still half asleep. Its as if my brain splits into 1/2 the part that holds all my nursing knowledge kicks in and does a quick assessment of ABCD and gives proper advice while the other part of the brain is still waking up. This is new grad marveling at the results of my nursing education
- 3Aug 3 by MaleICURNYou're a nurse if:
You eat a five course dinner in a five star restaurant in 5 minutes - happened to me. Any time I'm with some nice guest on a fancy dinner, I'm done, when they hardly start maybe second course.
You use your scrubs as a PJ. As a matter of fact happened to me too. I do not even own a pajama at all; happened to be a patient in a foreign hospital (in one of East European countries, where the required patient to brought their own PJ). What I brought - a pair of scrubs.
You sign your Credit card receipt or a check as J Doe, RN - happened at least several times.
You look on somebody arm and said to yourself: "Gosh. What a vein. Easy for 16".
- 4Aug 3 by sharpeimom GuideMy cousin went to a banquet with her husband. Very formal. She had been working for about fifteen years in a peds ER, plus had a three year old and a
baby. The keynote speaker and his wife happened to sit next to them.
As they talked, she cut up everything on both guests plates into bites sized for a three year old and never realized it! All while she kept up with
She still gets kidded about it when the family gathers.