Silly random nursing thoughts, one sentence, NO JUDGMENTAL FOLKS ALLOWED - page 22
Rule is: One sentence. Random thought. Silly is great. Funny would rock. If you're going to be judgmental, GO TO ANOTHER THREAD! FUN ONLY HERE! Fomite is my new favorite word because it sounds like a sandwich spread.... Read More
- 4Nov 24, '12 by Do-overYou know, the ad banner at the top of this page really gets to me at times. Usually, it is BSN program ads. Today, however, it keeps showing some sort of sheet one can insert under a pannus to prevent "skin-on-skin" irritation...
I could stand to drop a few pounds, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet...I see it enough at work, and at risk of sounding mean - its kind of grossing me out!
- 5Re: Skin-on-skin Irritation Ad.
Lol! They must not have CNAs that Baby Powder the heck out of them after a bedbath. Sometimes it looks like my patients are ready to be deep fried when I assess them. I fling back the covers to auscultate breathing sounds, and we both sneeze as a white cloud of corn starch fills the room! I would much rather stick one of those sheets in the rolls and crevices!!!
- 1Nov 24, '12 by Do-overQuote from BostonTerrierLoverRNIt's called a pillowcase!Re: Skin-on-skin Irritation Ad.
And, we don't get baby powder... The nystatin powder doesn't go airborne at least...Last edit by Do-over on Nov 24, '12 : Reason: To call off the grammar po-po
- 6I have found a chicken wing bone in a fat fold of a 560lb women tonight, she said,"gah, I am surprised, the cat must have hid that there. Now don't get me wrong- I'm a dog person, but do cats hide stuff??? I hope everyone has eaten supper Also, I found a small cat toy- so she may have a "unique" cat? Wuh, I kept searching for the dead kitten because the skin-on-skin inflammation was something akin to death, Vintage Cheddar, Crusty Butt, and Body Odor center, with a hint of Cabbage. I cleaned well with 4 PCTs holding up the belly, and then I left the patient to be breaded by the "Powder Puff" girls
- 4Nov 24, '12 by sharpeimom GuideI remember visiting my grandmother after she'd showered, and not only was there powder fallout, but the overwhelming smell of Cashmere Bouquet soap and matching powder that went along with it!
I think CB powder and Toujours Moi perfume are the prevailing LOL scents.
- 6Nov 26, '12 by brilloheadQuote from BostonTerrierLoverRNI make a hand washing thread, and the nursing gods give ME a stomach virus? What? Really?Quote from BostonTerrierLoverRNMy area's been afflicted with the gastrointestinal version of a clearance sale -- "Everything must GO!!!" -- this month too. Makes me want to wear sterile gloves to eat....Oh yeah it was experience from both ends
- 3Nov 26, '12 by sharpeimom GuideQuote from brilloheadI LOVE it, Brillohead! Now, we have a more formal (and...ahem... in proper medical terms) for the creeping crud that had my poor husband doubled up most of last night.My area's been afflicted with the gastrointestinal version of a clearance sale -- "Everything must GO!!!" -- this month too. Makes me want to wear sterile gloves to eat....
- 1Nov 26, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNI hope this wasn't what the Mayans were seeing, Lol
I know of 6 hospitals on total lockdown around here because of the high levels of this "crud." They allow no visitors, and mask/glove cart is at both entrances where I work.
Doctors office had this sign, "If you are experiencing Nausea, Vomiting, and Diarrhea, please knock on our side door, and a staff member will buzz you in. Please do not enter waiting area."
I was toooooo sick to make it to a doctor, but I applaud those who could hold it in long enough to make it.
I found sitting on the toilet with a 3 gallon bucket in my lap the best treatment for like 1/2 an eternity
I knew I was better when I finally got to my knees to take small sips from the lavatory sink.
- 7Nov 26, '12 by sharpeimom GuideThis just seemed appropriate for this thread somehow! You can thank my cousin for this one.
Maxine - Best one yet
As we progress into 2013, I want to thank you all for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.
I can no longer open a bathroom door without using a paper towel, nor let the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.
I can't sit down on a hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.
I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pastime while driving alone is picking one's nose.
Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.
I can't touch any woman's handbag for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public toilet.
I must send my special thanks for the email about rat poo in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with
every envelope that needs sealing.
ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.
I can't have a drink in a bar because I fear I'll wake up in a bathtub full of ice with my kidneys gone.
I can't eat at KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes, feet or feathers.
I can't use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
Thanks to you I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.
Because of your concern , I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
I no longer buy fuel without taking someone along to watch the car, so a serial killer doesn't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up.
I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.
And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face, disfiguring
me for life.
I no longer go to the cinema because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.
I no longer go to shopping centres because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me..
And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a huge phone bill with calls to
Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore and Uzbekistan ..
Thanks to you I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big black snake could be lurking under the seat and cause me instant
death when it bites my butt.
And thanks to your great advice I can't ever pick up a coin dropped in the car park because it was probably placed
there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.
I can't do any gardening because I'm afraid I'll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.
If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land
on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbours ex mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's best friend's beautician!
Oh, and by the way...
A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity
read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse
Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.
P. S. I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet..
NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD DAY�