Funny things patients say ! - Page 25Register Today!
- Jul 5, '12 by GitanoRNanother one that comes to mind is the one where a nurse i use to work with was trying to explain to her patient the new medications ordered by his pcp. and so it goes....
nurse = "mr.xxx your doctor wants you to take a 20mg. of pepcid with your meals, for your heartburn ok".
pt.= "okay that's all good when said and done, but what i don't understand why not coca-cola instead of pepsi?" :uhoh21:
- Jul 14, '12 by orthonurse55I was in the dining room at our LTCF and all of a sudden heard an elderly woman yelling. I turned and looked and she was waving her menu in the air screaming " Son of a *****, is that all I get paid for all the work I did?" I almost died laughing. Then she started crying like a baby. It was sad at that point, but have to admit we've all felt this way at times!
- Jul 14, '12 by funnygirl1I was taking care of a blind patient who had Alzheimers. When I attempted to give him his medicine, he grabbed my arm and started gumming my upper arm saying "Oh Honey, give me a bite of that pork loin!" It took 3 nurses to pull my so called "pork loin" from his mouth!
- Jul 14, '12 by GitanoRNpatient: nurse, may i have a glass of water.
nurse: are you thirsty?
patient: no… i just wanted to check whether my throat leaks :uhoh21:
- Sep 9, '12 by SaoirseRNOne of the departments where I work has recently been renamed from "overflow 2" to a more permanent "first floor inpatient unit". I have had more than one person say "first floor impotent unit"
- Sep 10, '12 by Lynx25I was attempting to give someone their insulin. When I walked in the room, the woman rips off her covers, pokes her rear in the air, and screams "DO IT TO ME BABY!!1!"
- Sep 11, '12 by JennabeanRNPt told me yesterday that she was just in last month getting an autopsy!! (biopsy)
- Sep 14, '12 by BetterThanFictionTrying to tell a confused, older patient I was turning him and he said, "that's not why you're in here."
I stopped and asked him what he thought I was in room for. He said, "you girls are partying out there and you want me to party, too. But I don't do drugs."
Sent from my iPhone
- Sep 20, '12 by liveyourlife747I had a pt family ask me "what was the doctor saying about her dimensions?" lol I had to keep from laughing because the doctor has said things about dementia and this poor lady couldn't stop saying dimensions. It was too funny.
- Sep 21, '12 by GitanoRN