10 things you say at work lay people could get arrested for - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 19, '01 by jamistlc<H3><BLINK>What about "I am going to stick my finger inside your rectum" for a rectal stim or digital removal of an impaction!</BLINK></H#>:EEK:
Visit my at <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/4birthing
Have</A> a Blessed and Peaceful Day,
- Apr 25, '01 by dskrn
"Do you want to do it in the chair, or in the bed?"
(Heard from behind a curtain as someone was getting ready to give a patient bath)
- May 7, '01 by Hum'nbirdHow bout, "Eat it all up, that's right, good girl."........... Or, "I know it tastes bad, just plug your nose when you swallow."........I love this one: "Just push this and I'll come when you need me.".........There are so many, what a funny post, john. Too funny Athena, lol! Who'd a thought we would become poop experts when we first decided to be a nurse.......eeeeeeeewwwww
- May 7, '01 by sonnieThe funniest thing I think I ever heard was a young handsome resp. therapist tell an elderly lady... " honey put this in your mouth now suck don't blow!" He was assisting her with her incentive spirometer
- May 7, '01 by StargazerAnother incentive spirometer story: a bunch of us had a good laugh one day when a veteran nurse was heard urging her hard-of-hearing patient behind the curtain, "Come on, Harry--get it up for me one more time!!!Pleeease??"
- May 15, '01 by arbleyThe other night at work, our respiratory therapist was busy suctioning a patient. He had almost completed the job to his satisfaction, but wanted just a little more. He says to the patient (no kidding), "I'm going to go down on you one more time and get you all sucked out." I could not keep a straight face.
- May 16, '01 by susyqrnHa Ha
How about, I have to stick this tube up your nose.
I'm going to rub some lotion on your body.
- May 18, '01 by chrnIncentive spirometers weren't always called that....when we first started using them regularly, one of the surgeons couldn't remember what the device was called when he wrote the order: "Suck balls QID".
I'll never forget the laugh we had after that one.
- May 21, '01 by kennedyjCan't stop rolling....Lmao...
- Jun 18, '01 by HazeKisn't it great all the material incentive spirometers give for misquotes?
will share w/ my peers at work!