What is it with nurses and cell phones? Just a vent. - page 21
Recently my hospital has upgraded or introduced multiple new computer programs that have required almost every level of nurse from bedside to administration to attend class in order to use the new technology. I have assisted in... Read More
- 9Sep 9, '12 by redhead_NURSE98!Quote from triqueeThis is true, and I'm the best cat mother EVUR. I would cut my manager's ankles off and run out the door if my husband called me at work and said my cat was puking. My cat NEEDS me.Cats are people too.
- 6Sep 9, '12 by metal_m0nkQuote from redhead_NURSE98!Forget cell phones. Telepathic homing devices that allow you to hone in on your kitty's rumbling bowels so that you can respond with the utmost speed and efficiency are much more practical - and ESSENTIAL!This is true, and I'm the best cat mother EVUR. I would cut my manager's ankles off and run out the door if my husband called me at work and said my cat was puking. My cat NEEDS me.
- 5Sep 9, '12 by woohMy cat gets lonely when I'm at work. My employer should be more family friendly and pay me to sit at home with my cat.
And to stay on topic: Then I wouldn't have to use my phone at work to get on Facebook and share pictures of my cat.
- 2Sep 10, '12 by samadams8Of course I'd do anything necessary to get to my kids, spouse, and mom if any were sick or hurt enough. Don't have any cats, but have dogs, and I hear you. Spouse is allergic to cats...eyeroll.But redhead is right. Those rare instances, and God forbid them, are not what anyone is talking about.
- 2Sep 10, '12 by Hygiene Queen GuideQuote from BrandonLPNFor some of us, it was a miracle that we lived to tell about it.And, no, I'm sorry. You don't need to be in constant contact with your children. Unless they are in the ICU or something there is no need for any mother to be in constant text communication with them. We all grew up without our moms having cell phones and, somehow, through some miracle we all lived to tell about it.
- 1Sep 10, '12 by Spidey's mom GuideQuote from Hygiene QueenSome of us did have bad parenting . . . . had nada to do with cell phones though.For some of us, it was a miracle that we lived to tell about it.
If my cat were puking, my cat would take care of it . . . no need for me to rush home.
- 4Sep 10, '12 by LibraSunCNMQuote from Spidey's mom^This. I don't really know of anyone who is developmentally intact who could be excused for not being able to learn this.
If spouse is not good at emergencies, why not sit down and teach spouse how to handle emergencies? It's pretty important, in my opinion.
ABC and call 911.