Is there a flu outbreak in your area? - page 2
by brian 17,657 Views | 75 Comments Admin
Are you experiencing a flu outbreak in your area? There seems to be a lot of news about this lately. Please share your experience below. Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your... Read More
- 2Jan 10, '13 by NRSKarenRN Admin48 Flu patents in one of our ERs last night.
My staff been sick with Flu and URI going round....my temp was 103 today, no cough, so I'm working from home 2day, forcing fluids, acetaminophen, chicken soup and taking naps.... checking in @ AN during rest break.
- 1Jan 10, '13 by msn10Southwestern Wisconsin-yep!
Many hospitals on diverson, lots of sick people and employees!
I know the CDC has their stats, but I would really like to know how many of these patients got the flu shot and still got the flu. I can't get the shot because of negative reactions to previous ones so I am always a little nervous this time of year.
- 0Jan 10, '13 by bellamia1015I'm not a nurse but there must be an outbreak in my area because my 5 yr old got the flu right before Christmas and she was sick for over two weeks. I had to take her to the ER because urgent care was full of people who were worse than my daughter. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, 20 min from Midtown. I think she got it, well I know she got it from school because she is in Kindergarten.
- 2Jan 10, '13 by netglowThis year's Flu shot is completely ineffective for the B-strain of the Flu. Bad News. You got the shot? You're still in trouble.
Why the Flu Is So Dangerous This Year, and Why It Could Get Worse - Forbes
- 1Jan 10, '13 by close the booksIt seems that in NY the strain of the flu that is rampant is not the same as the one in the vaccine. I just recovered from pneumonia secondary to the flu, and I had the flu shot in October because it was required for my clinicals. My MD said that most of his patients who have the flu have had the flu shot as well. This seems to have been an unanticipated strain, therefore geting the flu shot wouldn't really protect your boss from this one.
- 0Jan 10, '13 by CallieNMQuote from GarethausWhy do you say this?! You're scaring me. I have to get the shot for my program starting on Monday! Actually we need them for clinical which don't start till March, but either way... I guess I still need one then. I don't want to get sick! I've had the flu once this year in October and I thought I was going to die! I don't need it again!What's the bet that the majority of those with the flu already were vaccinated recently?
- 0Jan 10, '13 by KelRN215The Mayor declared a flu emergency yesterday. One of my coworkers had something that she thought might be the flu. I had a fever of 102 the week before Christmas with a cough but no sore throat, muscle aches, chills. Fever broke in less than 48 hours but I had some URI symptoms for a few days longer.