Motivating the Nurse in All of Us
- 6We were just thinking of the different types of members we have and what motivates them to do what they do.
We have retired nurses, veteran nurses, first-time nurses, nursing students, those who are interested in 'nursing', those who love to spread the joy of nursing, young, old, ... the list goes on and on.
What motivates you?
Do you have any short motivational quotes, inspirational words, or saying that you live by?
Share your favorite short quote(s) and maybe we can turn it into an art piece that can motivate nurses, nursing student, and all those who support nursing.
Live and Help Live - Motivating the nurse in all of us
Success - Motivating the nurse in all of usLast edit by Joe V on Nov 19, '13
- 14,733 Visits
- 2Jun 22, '12 by RNsRWeIt's not a quote that motivates me, it's an ideal: if I teach a patient enough times, in enough ways, one day I believe it will all "gel" and come together such that the patient learns to take care of himself much better than he did before he came into my care.
Perhaps a quote of RNsRWe: "Teach, teach, and teach again until learning is complete."
- 8Jun 22, '12 by minnymii loved this quote when i was a single mom trying to go to college the FIRST time around (lol)....it seemed like i was NEVER going to get finished...and i've heard so many people say, "id have to go to school for 4 years...or 6 years...etc" to do whatever it is they really want to do.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
I think of that one often...especially when I'm about to get irritated at all the people/places who are bumming change or dollars.
- 10Jun 22, '12 by aknottedyarni am so old that i go back to that old hippie quote (actually older than that) from elderidge clever (8/31/35 -5/1/98)
"if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem."
and my tag line: " a man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying." ~~ john burroughs 4/3/1837 -3/29/1921
- 8Jun 22, '12 by CrazedI am a shameless fan of Dorothea Dix. "In a world where there is so much to be done, I felt strongly impressed there must be something for me to do."
And I did recently have the most perfect fortune in my fortune cookie, "Not just live and let live, but live and HELP live."
- 6Jun 22, '12 by VivaLasViejas GuideI love this idea!!
Here's one I really love: "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."
From my father: "Time, patience, and perseverance will accomplish all things."
And one of my other favorites, this one from Native American wisdom: "It is better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand."