Motivating the Nurse in All of Us - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 22, '12 by sunflowergirlRN"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain!"
- Jun 23, '12 by NRSKarenRNAchieve:
"The sky's the limit if your heart is in it"
- Jun 23, '12 by SweetPEINo man is an island, no man stands alone
Each man's joy is joy to me
Each man's grief is my own
We need one another, so I will defend
Each man as my brother
Each man as my friend
We are all part of one race, the human race. Healthcare is a a field that truly exemplifies that. There are few who will refuse to throw away pride and prejudice when that line between life and death draws close together. Caring for others in itself should motivate us to want to care even more. We may not always get the result we hope for, but our diligent care can reach beyond the patient and extend into family's friends, staff and many other people's hearts.
- Jun 23, '12 by nursel56In the last few years I've discovered not all my motivators are upbeat. A job I had for about 5 years taxed my patience to the point I began to feel angry, even though my analyzing brain knew what was and wasn't a real cause for those feelings. One evening when I felt I was at the end of my rope this quote popped into my mind - it shifted my perceptions enough to allow the anger to melt away, and since I was not at work, I cried. For myself, my patients, and the whole damn world.
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
I think of it often. It reminds me to have "mercy" for my own frailties as I attempt to dig deep and delay the impending freak-out for a while.
- Jun 23, '12 by GitanoRNone of my motto's which motivates me is reflected on my chosen signature....
nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending~ ee maria robinson
our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but, we are responsible for who we become.
in addition, i recently saw a remake of fame and it's quote became embedded in my brain which goes as follows and i quote " dream it, earn it, live it,"
- Jun 23, '12 by bearcat194That one is pretty close to my personal favorite; ”You don't have to be great to start, but you must start to be great” I cannot remember who said it.
- Jun 23, '12 by Kittypower123PRIDE - Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence
- Jun 23, '12 by lalopop86"nobody said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it"
and my all time favorite~
"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
- Jun 24, '12 by aknottedyarn"Break down what needs to be done. 'I CAN DO THAT'"
- Jun 25, '12 by Jenni811what motivates me to do what i do?
Money...My excellent benefits...providing for my family. Asside from that, not much.