Be kind to nurses... we choose the size of your IV - Page 4Register Today!
- Dec 6, '12 by samadams8Quote from hiddencatRNYea, I was messing around; but no I really don't agree that it's something that should be shared with the GP. It's just that I'm not real UPTIGHT about it either.That's not funny.
Apart from any possible undermining of trust with some folks, it's just not a big deal.
I think the bigger difference in discomfort is the sharpness of needle upon getting it in. Some of these angio needles are dull as all heck, even if the person's skin isn't thick.
Otherwise I won't lose sleep over it.Last edit by samadams8 on Dec 6, '12
- Dec 6, '12 by SeasI come across with this saying all over the world wide web. I am a nurse and I have grown to get disgusted of this "humor".
Please, please, please come up with something else now. This is no longer funny but aggravating to me anymore.
I know it is meant to be funny, but I couldn't stop me from venting. I am done now.
- Dec 6, '12 by babyRN.I never said that I was against all dark humor, but it doesn't feel right to joke about intentionally hurting the patients in which we are entrusted.
It's one thing to talk about with your co-workers, but it's quite another thing to put on allnurses.com under the administrator's name, as though the website endorses this kind of humor. brian, I know this is your website and you can do whatever you'd like with it and I'm here on your own good graces. But I feel like this is a bad representation of nursing, not to mention unprofessional. anyway, have a nice night folks.
- Dec 6, '12 by imintroubleI gave this thread a second look, and I still think it's funny.
However, I will admit a lay person might not see it in the same light as myself.
- Dec 7, '12 by Kooky KorkyI hate seeing threads with titles like this. I know you mean it humorously, but I really don't think it's funny.
There are some nut case nurses out there who really might enjoy inflicting punishment on patients they find offensive for some reason.
There are some control freaks out there who might enjoy hurting people just because they can or because they feel powerless in some way in their personal lives.
Anyway, just my 2 cents.