Virginia Monitoring Program - page 5
by wish_me_luck 18,850 Views | 74 Comments
Hi. I was wanting to start a thread for only people in the Virginia Monitoring Program. I am not finding too many threads about it or people in it. I have started into it and will be doing orientation soon. I will try and post... Read More
- 1Jun 7, '13 by vamurseThanks to all who replied. I have met with and am now enrolled in HPMP. It looks like the difference between our cases, WML, is that you were ordered into HPMP correct? I am considered voluntary And thus my info is currently not public knowledge. The va Bon receives the report from the in investigator and when they see that the nurse in question is in HPMP, they grant a stay of disciplinary action which is not public info. As long as one is compliant with the program they tell me this will never be on a nurses record. Hope this sheds some light on a confusing and upsetting subject to others out there. Good luck to all and thanks again to all who replied to me.
- 0Jun 7, '13 by wish_me_luckI was not ordered into it. I was given the options of HPMP or IFC. I took HPMP because I wanted my license. I do not know if yours will be public. Everyone that I have met has had theirs online. I think it is removed after HPMP expires. You have to let your employer know you are in it when you are ok'd for employment and find a job. They have to fill out a form monthly.
All cases involving the Board get Board Orders. I thought mine was private until I found my Board Order online on the Boards license look up. It was about two months after I signed it.
- 1Aug 27, '13 by OverwhelmednVAHey there, new to all of this.. But I think it's a good idea to join for support because it looks like its going to be a long road ahead of me. Just a quick question while I have a little but of time to post.. With the hpmp program.. Is there a specific timeframe I have to enter.. I haven't talked to the board yet but just saw I received a message from them today to contact them. I was terminated a month ago for a failed drug test and my employer said they would be contacting the board so I knew this was coming, just wasn't sure when. If given the chance from the board I would like to do the program, but since being fired I haven't worked and the costs worries me. I guess I'm just asking if they give me time to get some money saved up for the program before I officially enter it. I'm sorry if my post doesn't make sense or is in the wrong place, as of right now my brain is overloaded with questions and fear. Thanks for any information everyone
- 1Sep 3, '13 by vamurseOverwhelmed, your life and career are not over. This is all a lot at once I know and it seems the sky is falling but take heart that all is not lost. I'm fairly new to HPMP but have settled into it now and things are looking up already. I sent u a PM call anytime and ill explain all I know and have experienced this far.
- 1Oct 25, '13 by OverwhelmednVAIt's been a little while since I posted... Not much to update really as it seems this ball rolls really.. Really.. Slow. I thought by now I would be on the way to really getting things in this program started.. But between waiting for letters and phone tag it really is a slow process.. I signed my contract with hpmp at the end of September and I haven't even been to orientation yet.. Finally got an appointment with Richmond iop for next week.. I guess after my assessment they will figure out what to do to me.. Haven't started drug screens yet or counseling.. So this all means I'm no closer to being allowed to work again. It is frustrating but I keep telling myself one day it will be better! Thank goodness for supportive family.. And messaging boards here at all nurses . If anyone has an experience with Richmond iop I'd love to hear about it right now they just want me to have an assessment done and go from that I guess.
- 0Nov 22, '13 by OverwhelmednVAJust a random thought, but does anyone think getting a lawyer might help to get the 5 years knocked down a little? I don't know if once you sign your contract with hpmp if it is too late to get a lawyer. I have no criminal charges so who knows if a lawyer would even do any good. Just a thought I had today and decided to get some input