International Graduates that are successful in applying and taking the NCLEX. - page 10
by Kuyafern 20,484 Views | 136 Comments
Hello everyone! I wanted to hear the stories of international grads who had the success of getting their ATT from different states. We know that some states are not as open as other states with international graduates.... Read More
- 0Nov 7, '12 by Mark2288Quote from KuyafernWhat I did is I ask and make sure that before the school send all the paper works--is that they will be able to get a tracking number.. **which makes it easier for me to know wheres my docus./** and when i called the CGFNS(because i know that they already received it) they told me that they didnt notice my files and they assure me that it will be done in 2 days due to their mistake. )That's a good question. I haven't applied for the CVS but if your current status is ready for submission then I think that CGFNS will be submitting the CVS to New York in some time. Yeah I know that you should have gotten notifications such as received certificates and payment etc. but maybe it's different for the CVS? I'm not sure. Sorry. I hope someone can help you out with this. You should call them tomorrow and ask how your papers are going. Best of luck to you okay! Update all of us when you get an ATT in New York!
- 0Nov 10, '12 by moki9204Quote from MafManzonhello Maf Manzon.. we're on the same boat.. i haven't received any updates from NYSED since a submitted the forms and all.. ive been waiting for a month and a half already... what did you do?Hi KuyaFern, it's me again. It's been awhile since the last time I visited this thread. My current status now for my CGFNS CVS application is that it's ready for submission. And Last September 19th, I have already submitted my application to NYSED, all the forms, certificates, and the payment. However, I'm just wondering, until now I haven't receive anything yet from them like a mail/notification that they have already received my app. Or they will only send me a notification if they have already receive my CGFNS CVS report?
- 0Nov 10, '12 by highlyfavoredbygodQuote from moki9204Hi moki9204, I've been trying to call them but am always put on hold. I'll try to call them again this coming monday. How about your CGFNS CVS report, is it done already? I'm wondering if, NYSED will just be able to send us a notification until they have with them our CGFNS CVS report. I have read in one of the threads, someone said that unless NYSED have our CGFNS report then that's the time they will look on our app. But, you know, it is always better if it is really for sure, right? Are you in NY now?hello Maf Manzon.. we're on the same boat.. i haven't received any updates from NYSED since a submitted the forms and all.. ive been waiting for a month and a half already... what did you do?
- 0Quote from mjntauruswhen did you send the application for hawaii.. I got hawaii's reply like 7 days after sending them the applicationim scared now. i haven't heard from hawaii BON yet. my cgfns ces report was sent out on the 18th of October. i still haven't heard from them.
- 0Quote from steppybaySteppy bay .. im just wondring if i can like apply for atleast TEMPORARY license here in California.. so I can Earn before transferring to another state since i already have my hawaii license? and Temporary license will work for like 6 months and in that period i think i can earn.. and not worrying what life awaits me in other states?Congrats on passing the NCLEX.
The main key to answering your question, besides the 15 or so States enforcing the concurrency policy which of the other States did you want to start to apply and work at? Then, go to that State's BON requirements and once you can meet those minimum or think you can, then that's the State you should focus on. Don't do what others have done, by jumping from one State to the next, which only delays your application processing and not to mention the wasted waiting times and the extra $$$.
As you know, this concurrency issue can go into effect at any time, any day, so there's no guarantee once you start the application that it will be denied, so I would make a decision fairly quickly before you find the door is closed (again). Good luck!
Hope to next hear you got the job!
- 0Nov 15, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from dohm28According to BRN website temp license still requires you to meet requirements if trained outside of the USSteppy bay .. im just wondring if i can like apply for atleast TEMPORARY license here in California.. so I can Earn before transferring to another state since i already have my hawaii license? and Temporary license will work for like 6 months and in that period i think i can earn.. and not worrying what life awaits me in other states?
- 0Nov 17, '12 by Mark2288Quote from Silverdragon102So no Chance for us huh? haizt!According to BRN website temp license still requires you to meet requirements if trained outside of the US
Board of Registered Nursing - Licensure by Endorsement