"You take the BUS to work!" - page 3
by abbaking 6,954 Views | 54 Comments
Ok. I take public transportation to work. No biggy. I have a co-worker of mine who likes to tell the staff that i don't drive and take the light rail/bus. Its not a big issue but I find his manner sort of rude and intrusive. ... Read More
- 2Jan 5, '09 by RN1982I wish I could take a train or bus. Sadly Michigan has one of the poorest public transportation systems. I would love to be able to take a bus or train. It would beat having a 400 dollar car payment. Tell your co-worker to mind his own business.
- 3Jan 5, '09 by bethinI'd ask him how much he spent on gas when it was $4 a gallon. In one month I spent enough on gas to make a car payment on a Mercedes! Not only are you saving money, but you're also saving the environment. I would gladly take public transportation if it was available.
In some countries, especially European, public transportation is the only way to go. Think of NYC. Do you really want to drive from Brooklyn to Manhattan during rush hour??
- 1Jan 5, '09 by Not_A_Hat_PersonI ride the bus (and sometimes the subway) to work, too. It's not by choice; I can't afford a car. Some people are impressed, some are amazed, some act like I'm taking a huge risk. There have been murders on the bus, including one in the last week, but not in my neck of the woods. I've been spit on 3 times, though.
One thing I've learned is when you don't drive and you don't drink, people assume you're a recovering alcoholic with a suspended license.
- 2Jan 5, '09 by VU RN BSNWow, I'd love to be able to take the bus or take a train to work!
I live in Florida, in the Tampa Bay area, but about 40 minutes outside of the city of Tampa. So, we have no mass transit. We have to drive our cars everywhere, which I hate.
I grew up in north Jersey, very close to New York City and then I went to nursing school in PA, right outside of Philly. I loved having mass transit readily available. I was always very comfortable taking the bus or taking the train.
Trust me, I miss having the option of taking mass transit. If I moved back to north Jersey, I would most likely take a train or bus to work.
I don't understand why your co-worker is teasing you. Everybody knows our economy is bad. Taking the bus to work saves people a lot of money!! And you know how the whole "going green" campaign is gaining in popularity? People who take the bus to work are probably helping the environment.
- 1Jan 5, '09 by Virgo_RNOur hospital gives us free bus passes, which is really nice when I want to take the bus somewhere. Unfortunately our bus system isn't that good. I can catch a bus to work, but they stop running about an hour before I get off. Plus it takes so long, it's faster to just ride my bike.