What are your favorite types of patients?? - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 2, '11 by glutton4punishmentThe ones that actually WANT to get better.
People that enjoy being sick drive me CRAZY-er. I just don't relate, and I can smell their manipultion from a mile away.
So those that get involved in their care, and help me help them get my "favorite" vote.
- Sep 2, '11 by Sun_danc3rRNpleasantly confused little old guys and gals who dont try to jump out of bed, and are continent. They are always full of pleases, thank you's, and hugs! And when I get the time to give them a bed bath I usually get a reply of "I feel like a million dollars!" That really makes me happy that I made them feel better just by giving them some attention.
- Sep 2, '11 by nightengalegoddessWow,never thought about this before......I love the young men too. My kids are boys too. It is easy for me to give them my all. But I fantasize about surgery as well....."wow, look at the insides of us all!"....and also you get to see the emotional insides of the surgeons who have the burden of God.
- Sep 2, '11 by JeneraterRNOk, this may sound strange, but sometimes I need a challenge to blow the cobwebs out of my brain. Highly manipulative patients pose problems that are very challenging. Containing the behavior for coworkers and loved ones can be very rewarding. I dislike psych because I don't want to do it every day.
Otherwise, my favorite patients are the tough ol' rancher, farmers, and their wives. They are usually spunky, funny, and they seldomly ever complain. They are a real treat to take!
- Sep 2, '11 by xtxrnI admitted a little old lady (used to be LOL before that meant laughing ) who had been bit by a rattlesnake- old rancher lady, tough. She'd waited several days while her leg got worse, before coming to the ED, and admitted for wound care/antibiotics. When I was doing the admission, I asked her what happened to the snake....she had hobbled back to her house, got a shotgun, and blown the snake into a million pieces- gotta love that