What annoys you the most about your nursing coworkers?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What annoys you the most about your nursing coworkers? in Nurse Colleague / Patient Relations, part of General Nursing ... Whenever I work with certain nurses I just hate the fact that in the beginning of the shift they...by kobebryant Jan 26Whenever I work with certain nurses I just hate the fact that in the beginning of the shift they fight over assignments and sometimes this takes so much time... It's so unprofessional and patients can actually hear these nurses. Honestly, I'm a new grad and I have never complained. I just take whatever patients other nurses gives me or do not want and I'm good to start my day.
As a New GRAD I hear of horror stories of nurses have emotional breakdown or stress when they step into the hospital but I'm so optimistic about everything and I help out all the nurses on the floor as well as complete my assignment. I've been a shining star and have been awarded the daisy award just last month... NOTE I've only been working for 10 months.
For some reason, I don't feel stressed at work like a lot of new grads and I don't get any anxiety... Is that weird to not experience????Last edit by kobebryant on Jan 26
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811330©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,320 Views
- Jan 27 by Evolving RNAs another new nurse, I do not think it is weird that you do not get stressed out. Your situation sounds a lot like mine. I took patients the others did not want and just did my job. The thing that bothers me most about other nurses is the lack of effective nursing care. They do not understand pain management and will not give a PRN medication unless the patient specifically asks for it. A patient complained about pain constantly but no one would give him his hydrocodone because it was PRN. Also, they would do accuchecks 4 times a day on patients and give no insulin in return. Even though I showed them how to talk to the doctors to get the accuchecks reduced or stopped, which reduced thier work load and was better for the patient, they still were not capable of proactive care. Congrats on your well deserved success and I am sure you will continue to grow.
- Jan 27 by Lovelymo79I don't understand. Why wouldn't they give prn hydrocodone? That's the purpose of prn. To go as needed and he sounded like he needed it!
- Jan 27 by mariebaileyWhat annoys me most about my co-workers? Nothing annoys me about the majority of them; most are kind, compassionate human beings. A tiny percentage of them are manipulative button-pushers that drive me crazy b/c misery enjoys company. I try not to play their game.
- Jan 27 by FlorenceNtheMachineWhat annoys me the most is how much more experienced and knowledgeable they are than me! Haha I feel like a dunce compared to them, and the frequency of the circles they run around me is amazing.
I like my coworkers, and for the most part if I don't like their personality, I try my hardest to avoid them and keep my head down and not become a target.
- Jan 27 by Nurse ABCThese ones: one who whines and complains about absolutely everything, one who does her best to get out of doing as much as possible, and one who talks like a valley girl and talks constantly about going out and drinking-not the time or place to do that. Those three I avoid because they annoy me so I stay out of their way and conversations and my day goes much smoother. The rest are great!
- Jan 29 by anotheronehow stupid some are ( i am not a genius by any means) , unecficient and sliw then expect you to help them, resentful or jealous of not being friends sith the "cool" nurses, annoys me when some of them talk to me , just ask me work questions if you have to , otherwise leave me alone period!
- Jan 31 by jhudson2780That I get treated like a new grad after 2 years of experience! My night co workers don't do it, but day shift acts like I am fresh out of school. I even worked as a nurse tech before my RN! I went straight to labor and delivery after graduation, take one to two labors a night and do postpartum and nursery, while these older nurses sit back and watch. I learn a lot from them, but a little more respect would be nice. I am good enough to be charge and take high risk patients, I wish they would be a little more supportive.
- Jan 31 by sharpeimomWhat annoyed me were the nurses and techs who'd come running in about ten minutes late and want report RIGHT NOW! I was all set to give you report when it was due, but when you were late, decided to make a quick run to the john since my drive home was 30 miles long. Those were also the people who kept interrupting me with questions that would have been answered during report a few minutes later, if they'd only listened and kept their lips zipped.
I worked 7 pm to 7 am and after 12 hours, all I wanted was to go home and collapse!
- Jan 31 by jennilynnMost recently......those that post on social media and public forums about how they have no time to pee, the thankless career that is nursing, never get to eat lunch, have to stay late to chart, never get any help, etc.
these are the same people who are on their phone or the Internet all night at work, spinning in circles, apprehensive patients, poor time management and prioritizing skills.
Don't get me wrong, I have has off nights and have posted here to vent before. 9/10 shifts I am on my game and get stuff done. I always get a lunch, bathroom breaks and am still able to chart as I go, keep my patients happy and well taken card if and still get out on time. And don't leave work for the next shift because "I didn't have time. "