Angry Nurse here! - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 7 by TASHA_RN_BSNI'm so sorry that you has to go through that. And pregnant at that!! If it would have been me they would have to restrain me. I had this happen before. Take a "trick" lunch make a nice sandwich and but some sprinkle some miralax on it and BAM!! Teach this sneaky bandit a trick "if you didn't make it you don't know what's in it" I'm 100% sure missing food will not be an issue for float staff. If you think it's inconsiderate think about the hunger pains you & your baby had. Heck I'm mad now too.
- Jan 7 by rn_abbeyI can't believe he would eat a pregnant woman's food! So thoughtless!
- Jan 7 by needshaldolDo not let him get away with this **** poor behavior. I see you have two options.
1. Put your name, date on it. Then on another part with loud letters put "to the float person, and you know who you are; if you take this, you will be reported immediately".
2. Find out who he is and send him a note that you wish to discuss something with him.
- Jan 7 by aknottedyarnI think it would be appropriate to write a complaint to your NM and cc to how ever his NM is.
Call it what it is. Theft. If they chose not to address it then get your Ob doc to write a note for you to copy and give to the NM. It should say that you are to bring nutritious foods to work and that if you food is not still ther when it is time to eat you will have grounds to go home as staying without proper nutrition is detrimental to your health.
I am red-headed. I would put my name on my meal and if it is missing call security to report the theft. I am sure they will try to laugh it off. Flash a copy of the doc's note and inform them it is a serious issue.
- Jan 7 by OCNRN63Quote from netglowDo they still make Ex-Lax with the chocolate squares? I'm thinking a nice dessert might be in order.Bring stuff in again but this time with prune juice or something "similar" in the recipe (get where I'm going with this). Sometimes you need to do a little aversion training.
- Jan 7 by eatmysoxRNIt's ridiculous that someone would do that! I would report it to my manager and his. I'd also mention that he should be required to purchase new tupperware for you. I'm lucky I eat weird food no one else likes. Unsweetened almond milk on bran flakes doesn't tend to go missing often =)
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Jan 7 by tokmomI once had a co-worker complain that someone had eaten her chicken legs and put the bones back in the bag and in the fridge!
OP, I would do Ex-Lax as well. It's your lunch. You can pack it anyway you choose.
I also thought of lacing a sandwhich with some sort of gel food dye. The second he bites into it, it would be all over his lips and teeth.
If you have ever dealt with the gel stuff, it's difficult to get off. He would look like he had been eating Smurfs.Last edit by tokmom on Jan 7