What is the Highest Bilirubin you've ever seen?Register Today!
- by dawngloves Sep 26, '08Just curious. :wink2:
- 15,021 Views
- Sep 26, '08 by Sweeper933I believe it was around 27... it took 2 or 3 exchange transfusions to bring it down
- Sep 26, '08 by elizabellsMy highest was somewhere in the high 20s too. My first double-volume exchange transfusion, done with an intern who spent the ENTIRE three hours ******** about how much he hated having to do a NICU rotation. Ahhh, memories.
- Sep 26, '08 by Preemienurse23I've only seen about 21, but I've only been there about 1.5years. We have had 2 exchanges, but they were on nights, so I did not get to actually see them.
- Sep 27, '08 by NANSNURSE32 Was The Highest I Ever Saw. We Did A Double Exchange On That Child.
- Sep 27, '08 by UTVOL3I think 28. It was a kid that was a few weeks old and had been home. Really sad.
- Sep 28, '08 by littlepeach27 on a baby that had already gone home on phototherapy. Ended up with IGG and a double exchange transfusion.
- Sep 29, '08 by prmenrsQuote from elizabellsSounds like a really charming fellow.My highest was somewhere in the high 20s too. My first double-volume exchange transfusion, done with an intern who spent the ENTIRE three hours ******** about how much he hated having to do a NICU rotation. Ahhh, memories.
- Sep 29, '08 by TiffyRNI don't remember the exact number cause I never took care of the child myself, but I remember it was one of our little ones, no more than 1000 grams. His Bili stayed in the 20's for many weeks.
And it was almost all the Direct (or conjugated) bili. I'm not sure we every figured out exactly what was wrong with his liver but we all knew something was bad wrong with it. I did go see him and he had that same bronzy gold color your old gut kids get who are on TPN forever.
- Oct 4, '08 by PICNICRN28........ yep.... double exchange!