NYP New grad position - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 30 by HelenRN88^I also have the same question.....if I should follow up or what...
- Apr 30 by skyheaven477They will eventually get back to you, they do get lots of applications from around the world. I recently got my response that I was not chosen for an interview. I am surprised because an ex employee referred me. But don't get discouraged if you haven't heard from them, I believe email is the most common way they communicate.
- May 1 by avaloncarI forgot to specify on the cover letter what two departments I wanted.....ugh all these applications got my mind all screwed up.
- May 3 by rnmjHello Everyone!
So, about 3 weeks ago I applied on-line to the new grad opportunity at NYP. Two days later I was contacted to take the nurse battery test, I passed it and I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had my 5 minutes chat with Talent Acquisition which told me that they will re-contact me shortly on how to proceed and to schedule a in-person interview. It's been over 2 weeks now and....nothing! Not a phone call or email. I also email the lady right away after my phone interview to thank her and again after over a week to reinstate my interest in working at NYP. What should I do? Anyone in the same position? I have heard other people in the same boat, but I don't understand why they would go to the trouble of all this and in the end don't even give you a chance to meet in person nor tell you that you didn't get the job. I did most of my clinicals there so I made the point of how interested I am and what a great place NYP is blah...blah...blah
- May 3 by thekidisbackI applied, did the battery test, did the phone interview and the following week got an email saying I was not selected for an interview I think it's most likely cause I have an Associates. I'm surprised my online application even went through!
- May 4 by skyheaven477Don't worry thekidisback. The right job will come. I am in the same boat, it is just that I did not get as far as doing the battery test. I graduated about 4 months ago and just found out half of my class are already working as RN's here in NYC. I am trying not to get discouraged but starting to. Still I don't know how they got hired because I have done everything under the sun and still nothing. I have to stay positive and I recommend the same to you and everyone else on the same situation.Last edit by skyheaven477 on May 4
- May 8 by HelenRN88Got another email that my app is still under consideration and i should hear back by the end of this month lol ahhh the waiting game.
- May 8 by kiki1984Quote from thekidisbackHey thekidisback, sorry to hear that. I took the battery assessment and did the mini phone interview as well. I was informed the same thing about hearing from them in two weeks for in person interview. Mine has only been 3 days since the phone interview was last Monday. But my question to you is, did she tell you about the available position and told you that you will hear from them in two weeks for interview? Because I spoke to Clarice and she made me aware the position currently available and whether I'm interested. She only asked two questions, why I'm interested in working for nyp and why I chose med surge as my top specialty and that was it. This is confusing how some people are getting rejected after having the phone interview. Hmm.I applied, did the battery test, did the phone interview and the following week got an email saying I was not selected for an interview I think it's most likely cause I have an Associates. I'm surprised my online application even went through!
- May 8 by skyheaven477I got that second email too, lol. It is probably the one with the upbeat "Happy Nurses Week!"