my goodness, newmom27, i would have missed your post if i had not checked the "new posts" list a few minutes ago. i usually check the posts in the student forums. never thought to check out the lpn/lvn corner forum for students looking for help with their studies. i maintain lists of web links to information that pre-nursing and nursing students are often looking for. i have 3 pages of a&p links, but i am giving you the ones i think are the most extensive sites with the mostest information. at some of these sites you will find practice questions, diagrams to label and instructor outlines. happy new year! happy studying!
- the home page of the above - follow links on the left side of the page to lecture notes (the general outline of the profs lectures) and study questions (answers are at the bottom of the pages). many of the sections of lecture notes have links to interesting online resources about some particular subject scattered throughout, so check out each page from top to bottom. most of the questions are multiple choice, but i did see at least one fill-in-the-blank practice test. occasionally the instructor has a link to a review sheet for the students to fill out. the section on the brain has a beautiful interactive brain tutorial for learning the cranial nerves and a test here: http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bio201/cn/cranial.htm
- this is a very large site developed by the a&p department of the university of wisconsin to help students to study laboratory materials for practical exams - lots of labeled pictures! click on "table of contents" at the left to link into the massive information on this site. there is also a section of exam questions at the link "ap test home".
- a&p student help pages from santa monica college - very extensive collection of pictures and explanations and web links to all kinds of information related to a&p
- this is the mother lode of anatomy pictures to label from the university of minnesota web anatomy site. the links on the left side of the page will take you to more links of all kinds of anatomy pictures for you people who want practice labeling anatomical diagrams! it is organized by body systems, but includes sections on cells and medical terminology
. knock yourself out!
- home page of the biology teacher at frederick high school in frederick, oklahoma. this instructor teaches a high school class of a&p. although you want to link into the biology ii homepage, i notice that there is information in the biology i homepage to link into that also pertains to some a&p. there are plenty of quizzes and practice exercises scattered throughout this extensive site, but i could not find any answers. presented in a little easier than college level, i thought this was an awesome introduction to a&p!
- web site for indiana university a&p class - there is a link to their publishers textbook student pages. lecture notes are links into the instructor's outline of what was covered in lecture.
- here is a page of links to more specific links to get information on the various body systems - check the links on the left side of the page for links to information on cells chemistry, structure and function - there is extensive information to access from this site