New Grad in Cali just saying hello!Register Today!
- by lvn272 Apr 1Hello everyone! I am new to this site, and I actually have never been a member of a forum before..haha. I am a new grad, just received my license in the mail today for the state of CA! I am super pumped and have been applying for work. How is the world of nursing in CA for an LVN? Any good places to consider applying to? I live in southern Cali...thank you!
- Apr 1 by mclennanI really hope you researched the LVN job market and good places to apply BEFORE you signed up for the program and definitely before you graduated!
It's a tough market for new grads. Jobs are scarce. But you knew that going in......right? You've researched and read the TONS of postings here regarding the CA nursing job situation...........right?
- Apr 1 by lvn272Yes of course. I am currently enrolled in a bridge program also. I know jobs are hard to come by, but I am going to be optimistic. I have applied 8 places and have been able to interview for 3, and that is just in the last week. I know is competitive, I know hospitals do not hire LVN's in Cali right now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and make some friends!
- Apr 1 by SuzieVNThere are two million people unemployed in California. Sad day...
- Apr 1 by lvn272Yup California has a very high unemployment rate. Everything is over priced too! Its over crowded! Blah! But its my home for now
- Apr 1 by ksrn20Jeesh nice welcome huh? Sorry for the posters who seem to have forgotten what it is like to have accomplished something like passing the boards. Suzie, she said she knew all that beforehand so I don't know what made you think you had to reiterate the sad state of the job market without even a congratulations or the like.
Congratulations and good luck!
- Apr 2 by 1pinknurseIt isn't impossible as an LVN in southern Cali. I work in a hospital and I've interviewed at several but I have approximately 19 yrs of medical experience prior (NCMA & medical office). So your success will depend on how hard you want this & how hard you try. I never let anyone stop me & I applied to hospitals whether they were looking for an LVN or not. Congratulations on passing your boards & go with your heart.
- Apr 2 by smartypantsnurseCongrats on passing your boards! Go you I just passed mine too. I have an interview tomorrow and am super nervous :/ I live in CO so I cant help much on where to apply in Cali but just wanted to say congrats and good luck with your interviews!
- Apr 2 by nursel56Quote from lvn272Congratulations and lvn272! I'm totally realistic about the job market here but it's also true that nobody can tell you what your chances are. Since we know some new grad LVNs are being hired, why shouldn't it be you?Hello everyone! I am new to this site, and I actually have never been a member of a forum before..haha. I am a new grad, just received my license in the mail today for the state of CA! I am super pumped and have been applying for work. How is the world of nursing in CA for an LVN? Any good places to consider applying to? I live in southern Cali...thank you!
Anyway, here are some forums you might find useful:
Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance
Nursing Resume Help
Nursing Interview Help
Also, don't hesitate to post specific questions and we'll do our best to answer. Best wishes!
- Apr 2 by tbehlowCongrats on passing your boards.. What a great feeling... Keep plugging away at the job market, and do what works for you to get that job.. Yea jobs are scarce, but everything happens when it suppose to happen..
I live in Michigan and the job market is not any better, but I work with 2 Homecare agencies, and just hired at a hospital, .. It took awhile to get hired at the hospital but I just kept plugging away .. Good luck and cheers to you!