1. Is it true that they are almost completely phased out of hospitals
2. is it true that CNAs and medical assistants are going to do an LPNs job in the future
3. Is going to be an LPN even worth it. Would it be a good job to stay with for the rest of my life
4. would it be hard to find a job as an LPN if I became one. Is being an LPN that great. Is it just a waste of time. I am a CNA right now I was going to upgrade to LPN atleast but is it worth it.
Nov 3, '13
Quote from akanini
1. Is it true that they are almost completely phased out of hospitals........ YES, HERE IN NEW YORK CITY.....YOU WON'T GET A JOB AS A LPN IN THE HOSPITAL UNLESS YOU'RE LUCKY!!!!
2. is it true that CNAs and medical assistants are going to do an LPNs job in the future....... IMPOSSIBLE. CNA'S AND MA CAN'T GIVE MEDICATION LEGALLY
3. Is going to be an LPN even worth it. Would it be a good job to stay with for the rest of my life .......YES, IF BECOMING AN LPN IS YOUR SELF-ACTUALIZATION, YOU WILL A JOB. IT MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU LIKE BECAUSE BECOMING AN RN HAS MORE OPPORTUNITIES.
4. would it be hard to find a job as an LPN if I became one. Is being an LPN that great. Is it just a waste of time. I HAD GREAT EXPERIENCES AS AN LPN. I GOT A JOB IN A NURSING HOME RIGHT AWAY AND LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT GERIATRICS. YOUR QUESTION ASKS WOULD IT BE A GOOD JOB TO STAY IN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE MAKES ME LAUGH.............I KNOW I WOULD RATHER BE AN LPN THAN A CNA FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!! WHY? MORE OPPORTUNITY.
I'm an RN now and my mom was an LPN before becoming an RN. I asked her once about LPN's becoming phased out...Her response was, "They have been saying that from before you were born!"...........lol...I'm 35 years old now....Go figure!!
This actually depends on the state. Here in NC, CNAs can LEGALLY give medications, insulin, change dressings, ostomy care etc.. The CNA must however take a Medication Administration test to get certified as Med Tech through the Dept. Of health and human services or Facility services. I did this almost 10 years ago for several years. This also only applies to Assisted Livings(LTC) and group homes ONLY.
Last edit by MendedHeart on Nov 3, '13