Has Spencerian gotten their RN program back?Register Today!
- by lil_meme19 Dec 8, '08I was wondering if they have gotten their RN program back and if things have changed there since they were shut down a couple years back.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=353833©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,749 Views
- Dec 9, '08 by gabriella86A girl I met in CNA class just dropped out from Spencerian. She personally hated it there. She said it wasn't the curriculum itself but the staff and the administration. She also said that during clinicals they didn't do anything but take vitals and then sit around. She dropped out after the first quarter I believe. She didn't want to waste her money on that program. I think she said it was 30 grand a year, that doesn't sound right to me though.
- Jan 21, '09 by hoskid1I just graduated Dec 2008 and took & passed NCLEX Jan 14th from the RN program .I was told that they are on a "conditional status". I have not went to KBN web site to confirm this.
- Jan 27, '09 by cjw2006I attended Spencerian last quarter and withdrew within 2 weeks. The program cost $24,000 a year. The instructors didn't seem to understand how to teach the material, and couldn't answer the questions to the NCLEX study questions, even with the answers in the back of the book. The lab instructors looked at the students like an inconvenience whenever they didn't understand how to perform a skill. It was just a bigger headache than worth the money! They are still under conditional status, which means that if their upcoming pass rates aren't standard, they could still lose their accreditation. There have also been several complaints by students to the Kentucky Board of Nursing for investigation into their program. I don't recommend Spencerian to anyone. ( I am referring to the Louisville campus)
- Jan 27, '09 by gabriella86$24,000 a year sounds ridiculous. I'm paying about $17,000 a year and I think THAT is ridiculous.
- Jun 2, '09 by shelbee1084Everyone is going to have complaints about the school they went to. That's a given. I've heard bad things about JCC even, the only ADN program in kentucky that is actually accredited thru the nlnac. No school is perfect. Everyone has different needs and wants when it comes to choosing a school and what matters is that you find one that fits you the best.
- Jun 3, '09 by SierraMoonMost, if not all, of the KCTCS ADN programs are accredited, not just JCC. I checked their website.
- Jun 4, '09 by shelbee1084Oh i meant in Louisville, Ky...not the whole state. sorry for the confusion!Last edit by shelbee1084 on Jun 4, '09
- Jul 9, '09 by shann106Most, if not all, of the KCTCS ADN programs are accredited, not just JCC. I checked their website.
Spencerian has still not got their accediation back, they were on probation before it was offically revoked.
- Jul 9, '09 by shann106$24,000 a year sounds ridiculous. I'm paying about $17,000 a year and I think THAT is ridiculous.