International Nurses, Tell us about your sucessful journey!
- 3Dec 7, '12 by Fiona59Over the years, the International Forum has been filled with people who have planned on migrating to the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Norway, Sweden, etc.
We've never heard back.
Tell us of your journey, how has learning Norwegian, Dutch, Finish, etc gone? Has the transition been as easy as people posted it would be?
- 7Dec 10, '12 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminWell I am one
Started the process several years ago for the US, got caught up in retrogression. Husband started working for a company that had offices in various countries back in the UK and was given the opportunity to come to Canada on a TWP. Arrived here back in 2008, started nurse application with CRNNS and after finally meeting their requirements (not complaining) passed CRNE and have been working in LTC since 2010. Started PR application in 2010 and finally received notice that PR has been approved and just waiting for piece of paper so I can officially land and become a PR
The US was cancelled and we are so happy to be here in Canada and will be applying for citizenship as soon as we can
- 4Dec 10, '12 by Ginger's MomSilverdragon,
Sounds like you are very happy in your new home. You shared your journey here and it was wonderful. It sounds like your journey was make a new life in either Canada or USA.
With all those other posters who you help, it would be rewarding to hear their stories of success. I would be interested in hearing how others are finding their new homes in Canada and USA. For example did the move meet their expectations? What challenges did they have? Do they miss their former homeland?
Lots of energy goes on this forum answering questions, but unlike other areas of this forum, posters never follow up ? Did they get a license? Did they get a job? How is their family adapting to their new home country?
Posting there success stories will help all the hopefuls how to know how long their immigration journey will be.
- 0Jan 20, '13 by RJmanuoneI would also love to hear stories about nursing in other countries... successfull or unsuccssfull just post it here... after all friends are for sharing both happy and sad times... with just 5+ comments for this post i guess everyone is pretty busy at work after migration... well, we are waiting... and will keep waiting for your stories...
- 1Jan 20, '13 by tokidoki7I believe it was a year ago that a member who was from Russia posted about her successful immigration to Canada, but then she disappeared, never to be heard from again. I think she only had two posts and I was wary about her story . I would like to hear more success stories from members who regularly post.