Sometimes You Just Don't See It Coming - Page 2Register Today!
- May 3, '12 by ButterflyEffect06I'm still a nursing student, but this is definitely a reason why I could never do PEDs because I know for a fact that I would get emotionally attached when children are involved. It's just their innocence that gets to me for a number of reasons. I start my PEDs rotation in the fall too and I'm a little scared. (>__<)
- May 3, '12 by Nascar nurseThis is a story of being a nurse...it is all the joy and all the heartaches that get wrapped into a "job" like no other. I just don't think anyone outside of this career path could ever understand all that goes into it.
OP - my tears and my prayers are with you and I hope you find peace knowing that YOU made a difference in this little girls life (and her families as well). What an honor we have to touch others so deeply and how easy it is to forget that sometimes in our day to day lives.
- May 3, '12 by realnursealso/LPNThank you all for your kind words. It took me a few months to be able to write it all down, but it was like it wasn't finished until I did. She was a joy that will never be forgotten. As far as Peds goes, it was just something in my heart since I went to nursing school. I just love kids.
- May 3, '12 by kmartin906It takes a very special, kind, but strong person to do peds. It was always my dream to work with children ...and then I had my own child. Now every time I see a child suffering, I can't help to think about my own child and how I couldn't ever handle seeing my own child suffering the way some do. Thank you for sharing your story with us... I had to kiss and hug my baby after reading... just because!
- May 3, '12 by VivaLasViejasIt is sooooo hard to type through this mist in front of my eyes........
What a beautiful, poignant, heartbreaking, and tender tale of the best (and worst) nursing has to offer. That little girl and her family were so blessed to have you as their nurse, OP. You will never forget them, nor they you, and one day your reward will be great indeed.
Thank you for sharing this. I needed a good cry for some reason.....after reading this, I look awful but feel a lot better :kiss