HIPPO ViolationsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on HIPPO Violations in HIPAA and Nursing Challenges, part of General Nursing ... i just saw an article on foxnews.com, and right down at the bottom, it mentioned that something was...by Bortaz, RN May 12, '12i just saw an article on foxnews.com, and right down at the bottom, it mentioned that something was blah blah required by law...due to it being a hippa requirement.
ugh. can't blame them, though, when even registered nurses on this forum regularly post about their own hungry hungry hippo violations.
the irs list of americans who renounced their citizenship is required by law, in accordance with the health insurance portability and accountability act (hippa) of 1996, the site explains. this listing contains the name of each individual giving up his or her united states citizenship.
please, nurses. don't enable the hippos. lead by example.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=709442©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,724 Views
- May 12, '12 by Nascar nurseyep, if we could just teach the world that it is really [color=#b22222]hipaa ([color=#b22222]health [color=#b22222]insurance [color=#b22222]portability and [color=#b22222]accountability [color=#b22222]act)
and not hippo or even hippa.
- May 12, '12 by woohIf only a group of hungry hungry hippos could eat every HIPPA ever written.
- May 12, '12 by Paco-RNMy pet peeve on this site: when nurses cannot properly identify the letters HIPAA. Glad I am not the only one that notices. My Leadership course professor literally misspelled HIPAA as HIPPA on several Powerpoint slides .. the same professor that is extremely picky with a recent writing assignment. We as a class pointed out to her during lecture that HIPAA was spelled wrong. Vindicated!
- May 12, '12 by Esme12One of my pet peeves as well!!!! HIPAA!!!!
- May 12, '12 by KelRN215I really enjoy that they correctly say it's the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and then call it HIPPA. What does expatriation have to do with HIPAA, though?
- May 12, '12 by ElvishYou know what drives me even battier than reading it (HIPPA) on here? When management sends out emails and gets it wrong!!!!!
- May 12, '12 by Lynx25Poor Hippo. What did it ever do to anyone? It really doesn't deserve this.
- May 12, '12 by NRSKarenRNHaving saved my homecare employer $20,000 performing HIPAA assessment of agency processes, I perfected it's spelling typing acronym 500 + times.
- May 12, '12 by pinkfluffybunnyNo citizens aren't eligible for Medicaid/Medicare, maybe?