Keeping TV on while sleeping = Depression??
- 0Jul 31, '11 by nurse678Wow! While I always knew keeping the TV on was never a great thing, I think this may be causing some of my issues here... I like to watch TV before bed, so now I'm going to use a sleep timer so it turns off within an hour or so. I do have depression and as many of you may know, I recently posted a thread about being tired all the time. Well I ALWAYS sleep with the TV on! Here's a link to the article. What do you all think?
- 0Jul 31, '11 by tokmom, BSNMy dh and the D isn't dear in this issue, will fall asleep with the tv on. I have been turning it off for years. Don't even get me started...
I do agree. On the nights it is off at a human hour he is more pleasant (and so am I). It's left on all night, it doesn't feel like a true sleep.
- 2Jul 31, '11 by Fancy84hmm this definitely does not apply to everyone. I'm very prone to nightmares so I have to sleep with my t.v on!! if anyone turns off my t.v i wake up instantly and cannot go to sleep unless it is on!!...i'm yet to suffer from depression lol
- 2Jul 31, '11 by EmergencyNrseQuote from DizzyLizzyNurseI got rid of my TV back in '06 but sleep with music on.I love sleeping with the TV or music on. I sleep better actually.
Just a little background music to drown out all the crazy
noises around the house or the neighborhood. Sleep like
a newborn puppy...
- 6Jul 31, '11 by CarolinaGirl1112I used to sleep with the TV on, but read about how horrible it was for you. Now if I need to really relax and drown out other noises, I go to the RainyMood website. (I would post the link, but I don't know if it would be considered advertising) Anyway, it's a 30-minute loop of rain noises. Sometimes, if I'm feeling extra fancy, I'll also pull up a Youtube video of a fire burning in a fireplace and make it fullscreen. I am a dork, lol.