Who were you in high schoolRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Who were you in high school in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... You know, sometimes I wonder what kind of people my fellow nursing students were when they were in...by Dezy Dec 28, '12You know, sometimes I wonder what kind of people my fellow nursing students were when they were in high school! We have the same career choice, but how close do we resemble in personalities? For example, I was always a tomboy and I kinda found my place with the underdogs, eccentrics geeks. :P. I was more into art and writting... Heh. Now, I'm the opposite - I'm into fitness and health. XDLast edit by Joe V on Dec 31, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804661©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,374 Views
- Dec 28, '12 by sali22I was the kid who skipped school all the time, finally dropping out in 10th grade.
- Dec 28, '12 by AKreaderI was the homeschooled weirdo who was taking college classes at the age of 16. Definitely not a genius, but responsible enough to get almost 3 semesters of college completed before I graduated high school.
All for naught of course, because I transferred into a program my junior year, they start clinicals sophomore year, so I'm actually graduating a year late.
- Dec 28, '12 by bear14I was the headbanger into long haired guys. Ironically my husband is bald. I wanted to be a rock star.
- Dec 28, '12 by TheCommuterI was the quiet, socially awkward one who attended college prep courses with a couple of honors classes and graduated with a 3.5 grade point average. I was glad when my high school experience ended and would never want to return.
Writing was my strength and I had wanted to be an author or novelist since the age of six. However, my career options became more 'realistic' and practical as I got older.
I was accepted to three regional state universities, but did not attend for a variety of reasons. Funding was the main reason.
I did not want to be a nurse while in high school. I wanted to be a social sciences teacher or a college professor.
- Dec 28, '12 by Spidey's momThe shy, quiet kid who tried to be invisible but got good grades and had no idea what I wanted to do after high school. Initially took "Secretarial Skills" (this was 1975 folks) and some business classes. Switched to Social Work after my AA degree. Had to drop out a year before graduation.
Didn't go back to school until I was 36 and just accidentally found nursing.
I think we are all different.
- Dec 28, '12 by aknottedyarnCommuter stole my first paragraph. That was me also. I wanted to be a nurse all my life, had a scholarship to go to college and ended up preg. instead. Went back to school when the kids were very young and was like the butterfly, or perhaps the ugly duckling turned into a swan. Not in looks but in personality.
- Dec 28, '12 by x_factorI was the quiet, painfully shy tomboy with a nerdy side. I didn't want to be a nurse in highschool, I wanted to be an Astronomy major who would one day work for NASA. I still do in my heart, but you can't always do something just because it's your dream. Especially since I suck at things like higher advanced mathematics and physics, lol. Nursing is something I came to love as I got older.
- Dec 28, '12 by blackandyellowI was a big partier and friends with everyone. I was always in trouble for skipping school or talking back to teachers. I wanted to drop out but had an amazing guidance counselor who talked me out of it. I always wanted to be a nurse but didn't want to put the effort into to it and didn't have the grades. I always wonder about my classmates too at our graduation dinner we are going to do superlatives and have our photos from highschool displayed I cant wait to see some people's photos.
- Dec 28, '12 by jamieekinsI was in with the popular crowd, although I never fully fit in. I looked the part (not to sound full of myself)...I was a geek with thick glasses and big hair in middle school- I just learned how to do my hair, makeup, and got contacts in high school. However, I always have been very interested in biology and science. I was a science geek, all of my "popular" friends used to tease me about that but I never cared. I chose to hang out with them but I also chose to hang out with other people that shared my interest in science as well so thus why I never fully fit in. I was always invited to parties, was a cheerleader, etc...but I also played soccer, basketball, I was in the science club, and also student council. I never was voted the prom queen or dated the most popular boys in school but I was someone that the "popular" kids still hung out with and called a friend. I would not say I was one specific type of person in high school. I was figuring myself out and I wanted to experience being popular but was not willing to give up certain things to be "on top" popular (my other friends that were not so popular and my love for science) like some were.