Normal nursing grades..
- 0Oct 24, '12 by katestudentnurseHi everyone!
So, I am wondering, what are typical grades for an average nursing student? I got a 94 on my first exam, then a 70 on the second one. Both count for 20% of your grade, and now after doing all the math, I need to basically get a 100 on everything to get an A in the class. Are B's okay to get in nursing school? Please let me know what grades are acceptable/normal so I can stop worrying! Thank you!!
- 12,730 Visits
- 5Oct 24, '12 by Katie71275C=RN
For the most part, it seems like a lot of students in my class get C's. I have gotten a B in every class and am looking to get an A in my current class. Personally I don't like C's and want a B or above. But I also plan to get my masters and want to be as competitive as possible
- 0Oct 24, '12 by jennarooDoesn't your school give you a grade scale for you to keep in mind? Like for instance I know at my school, my GPA has to be a 3.3 to get into the nursing program.......so you then need to figure out what what grade scale they use to determine your letter grade as well as your GPA and then stay in that range......also keep in mind your nursing entrance exam score along with any transfer transcripts if you have any will be factored into a final "weight" along with that GPA to determine your eligibility.....so if your program exepts like 20 students.....then your "weight score" needs to be in that top 20....if you have 40 people applying to a 20 person program.....you gotta beat at least 20 to get in...make sense?
- 4Oct 24, '12 by gatoraims RNThe first few weeks of school our instructors told us something like all you A students who stress about a B. Let that go. It is ok to make a B in nursing school. It is great to make a B in nursing school. Do not stress out over a B. So I would think having a B is good in nursing school.
Passing lets you sit for the boards. Passing the boards gets your RN. Just keep that in mind. A.B, or C as long as you pass.
- 3Oct 24, '12 by Sun0408Don't place added stress on yourself, nursing school is stressful enough. Some test you will do great, others will be average and yep you might even bomb a few but as long as you have a passing average; LET IT GO not shouting...
Do your best, study but keep stress over an A,B or C to a minimum !!!!
- 0Oct 26, '12 by QuarterLife88Shoot, at this point I'm just happy to pass the dang class and put it behind me. I've only made one or two A's in nursing school, the rest have been B+'s. I passed, it's over. I'll never understand those that act like not getting an A in nursing school makes them a failure. Must be leftover from the pre-req days.
- 3Oct 26, '12 by FutureCRNA?Well some of us are interested in getting into super competitive graduate programs in which nursing school grades matter a great deal. So, for me at least, the goal is all A's in NS....The program I am looking at only accepts 14 students a year.